Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring can download a new PC preview build of Windows 10 with the version number 10547. Microsoft has fixed some issues in this build compared to the older 10532 version, but there are also some known issues that remain as well.
Windows Insider head Gabiel Aul detailed what's been fixed in the 10547 build:
- We have fixed a lot of the underlying causes of the critical error dialog Insiders were seeing with Start. And search should work more consistently now when interacting with Start.
- The notification icon for Action Center should no longer light up even though there weren't any new notifications.
- We fixed an issue where the Battery fly-out text was truncated in certain languages.
- When choosing background shuffle, we've enabled the ability to shuffle backgrounds randomly instead of the order they appear in the folder.
- You can now use Cortana with local accounts as well as with a Microsoft account.
- We have fixed several issues with audio – including issues specific affecting Realtek audio devices.
Aul also listed the known issues with the 10547 build
- Languages packs are being published, but will be rolling out to the update servers throughout the day.
- Windows Store apps may not update automatically. To receive app updates, open the Store, click on your profile picture at the top right, choose "Download and updates" and check for updates manually.
- Using Notepad.exe from the command line to open files when using only a file name, such as 'file.txt', will fail with a permissions error. This will be fixed in a future build, but this can be worked around by using a full or partial path, such as '.\file.txt', or using File->Open options in the UI. Clicking on the system icons in the notification area quickly can result in Windows Shell blocking the launch of fly-outs like Audio, Networking, etc. This can be resolved by rebooting your PC.
- You will see a warning message in the Settings app > Update & Security > Windows Update regarding preview builds. Don't worry about this – It is safe to ignore for now. We're adding some new functionality to help you diagnose what's going on if a new build isn't getting to you, but it's not fully implemented yet.
Need more help? Here are some articles and our forums to get you started!
- Here's what's new and improved in the Windows 10 PC preview build 10547
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Help and Support forums at Windows Central
- Windows 10 - All you need to know
- Windows Insider Program - All you need to know
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.