Do you ever find it annoying when an achievement pops up and hides UI elements or subtitles in a game you're playing? Me too. That is why finally, thankfully, Xbox is allowing us to move the default position of the Xbox One notification area.
While some games will still choose for us, the vast majority should simply fall back on whatever the default is. This new feature requires the February 2020 Xbox update, and here's how you can use it.
How to move the achievement pops and notification area on Xbox One
- Open the Xbox Guide menu by hitting the Xbox button on your controller.
- Move right and open the Settings menu.
- Move down to the Preferences section.
- Here, select Notifications.
- You can change various settings for notification pop-ups here. Select default notification position to move them around.
- You can now select a corner or a center mid or bottom for the notification area using your joystick.
- When done, simply hit finish.
And that's it!
The February 2020 update also includes a wealth of improvements to the speed of the operating system, as well as a streamlined home section with more customizable elements. For more details on what changed, head over to here.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Jez Corden is the Managing Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.