It's officially launch day for Sea of Thieves, and NVIDIA and AMD are prepared to take to the seas with their latest graphics driver updates. If you're playing on Windows 10, both companies have shipped new drivers that add support and optimizations for Sea of Thieves, along with batches of other fixes.
If you're using a Radeon graphics card, AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition version 18.3.3 packs in support for Sea of Thieves, A Way Out, and Vulkan version 1.1. The update also fixes the following issues:
- Forza® Motorsport 7 may experience intermittent stutter during gameplay.
- Some Radeon ReLive recorded clips may experience corruption or audio distortion when played back.
- Final Fantasy® XV may experience flickering or disappearing objects during some gameplay in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- Star Wars® Battlefront™ 2 may experience a system hang on the initial splash screen in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
On the NVIDIA side of the fence, the company's Game Ready Driver 391.24 brings optimizations for Sea of Thieves, Fortnite, Metal Gear Survive, Black Desert Online, War Thunder, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The update also packs in teh following fixes:
- [HTC Vive][Oculus Rift]: The VR headset stops working after several launches of the application or after resume from system Hibernate mode. [200395208/2048746]
- [NVIDIA Freestyle]: NVIDIA Freestyle not enabled for supported games. 
- [Media Player Classic Home Cinema]: When launching a video, the system stutters momentarily. 
- [G-SYNC]: Alt-tabbing windowed games with G-SYNC enabled and V-Sync ON ingame causes stuttering and drop in frame rate. 
- [Firefox]: Driver TDR error may occur when using Firefox. 
- [Notebook][Surface Laptop]:Blue-screen crash may occur when installing the driver. 
- [Volta GPU]: The display flickers continuously after disabling and enabling the GPU using Device Manager, or when rebooting the system 
- [GeForce GTX 1060][Rise of Tomb Raider]: Flickering/corruption occurs when opening the in-game options UI. 
Sea of Thieves is available now on Windows 10 and Xbox One with Xbox Play Anywhere for $59.99.
- See at Amazon (Digital)
- See at Amazon (Physical)
- See at Microsoft (Digital)
- See at Microsoft (Physical)
- See at Best Buy (Digital)
- See at Best Buy (Physical)
- Sea of Thieves on Windows Central
- How to complete your first Sea of Thieves voyage
- Sea of Thieves gameplay tips for new players and budding pirates
- Sea of Thieves ships guide: Tips and tricks for sails, combat, repairs and more
- Your Sea of Thieves items explained: Tools, weapons, consumables and more
- Sea of Thieves skins list: Clothing, weapons, and items
- Sea of Thieves buyer's guide
- How to get new weapons in Sea of Thieves
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.