What you need to know
- Microsoft 365 for Campaigns aims to secure political campaigns.
- The tool eases the burden on IT administrators of campaigns.
- It's easy to add or remove people from systems to ensure security.
Microsoft recently launched Microsoft 365 for Campaigns, a tool which aims to ease the process of securing political campaigns. Microsoft emphasized in their blog post announcing the tool (opens in new tab) that campaigns can often be stretched due to limited funding or resources. Microsoft 365 for Campaigns is designed to work "regardless of level of technical experience."
Microsoft 365 for Campaigns can help campaigns regarding email, filesharing, collaboration, cloud storage, and conference calls. Some of the core features of the tool include:
- Multi-factor authentication: Additional security through an extra authentication step at sign-in
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection: Protects email from phishing and malware attacks
- Mobile app protection: Secures access to sensitive data on mobile devices and in mobile applications while leaving personal data like photos and text messages untouched
- Document classification and protection: Allows people to label documents as confidential and identifies content like credit cards or social security numbers, applying policies for encryption and sharing
- Update prioritization: Accelerates the installation of security patches and feature updates to installed Office apps
Microsoft 365 for Campaigns is available for $5 per user per month, and individuals can be added or removed quickly to ensure that only specific people have access to campaign systems.
Microsoft 365 for Campaigns is part of Microsoft's Defending Democracy Program (opens in new tab). It is initially available only in the United States.
Cheap PC accessories we love
Take a gander at these awesome PC accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Whether on a desktop or laptop PC, you always need more ports to connect things to. This hub gives you an additional four USB 3.0 Type A ports.
Ikea Fixa Cable Management System (opens in new tab) ($11 at Amazon)
This IKEA cable management kit is your ticket to a clean setup. It's simple and functional.
NZXT Puck (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
This clever little accessory has powerful magnets on the rear to make it stick to any of the metal panels on your PC case or anything else. It's great for hanging accessories like headsets.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.