If you're still running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on your Surface Pro 3, you've got some firmware updates waiting. Microsoft has now posted the notes for a batch of updates, dated August 16, that all relate to adding support for the latest Surface Pro Type Cover and Surface Pro Signature Type Covers.
Here's a look at the full release notes on the Surface Update History page:
- Surface – System – 220.127.116.11: Surface Smart Cover Backlight – System device - 18.104.22.168 Enables support for Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers.
- Surface – HID – 22.214.171.124: Surface PTP Filter - HID - 126.96.36.199 Enables support for Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers.
- Surface – Biometric – 188.8.131.52: Surface Fingerprint Sensor Driver – Biometric device - 184.108.40.206 Enables support for Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers.
- Surface – HID – 220.127.116.11: Surface Pro Type Cover Integration - HID - 18.104.22.168 Enables support for Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers.
- Surface - Keyboards – 1.1.504.0: Surface Type Cover Filter Device - Keyboards - 1.1.504.0 Enables support for Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers.
Given that the updates are dated August 16 (though the notes were only just posted), your machine may already have them installed. Otherwise, you should be able to grab them via Windows Update now. Keep in mind that these are only applicable to Surface Pro 3s still running Windows 10 version 1607, otherwise known as the Anniversary Update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything you need to know about AMD Radeon RX 6000 GPUs
AMD has unveiled its new lineup of Radeon RX 6000-series graphics cards, with three new pieces of hardware to look forward to. Here's what you need to know.
AMD's 'Big Navi' Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs are here, coming November 18
AMD today launched its latest GPUs, the Radeon RX 6000 series. The new cards are a major jump over the previous generation, offering even more power with big architectural improvements.
Review: Acer's TravelMate P6 is a business laptop with killer battery life
When thinking of business laptops, lineups from Lenovo, Dell, and HP often come to mind. But Acer's TravelMate series shouldn't be forgotten, especially if you're interested in more than 14 hour of battery life and a lightweight, slim build.
These are the best Surface Duo cases you can buy
With Microsoft Surface Duo bringing a new hinged, dual-screen form factor, we’ve rounded up the best cases, sleeves, and bumpers available in late 2020.