What you need to know
- Microsoft Teams on Android now supports forwarding meetings to one or more people.
- The same update also brings support for the notification drawer in Android 11.
- You can now create and join events with Teams for friends and family from the Android app.
Microsoft Teams recently received an update on its Android version. The update brings support for several new features, including the ability to forward meetings to one or more people, the option to create and join events with Teams for friends and family, and notification drawer support within Android 11.
Here's everything that's new in the most recent update, as found on its Google Play listing:
- Create and join events with Teams for friends and family. Simply sign in and meet.
- Forward meetings to one or more people.
- Teams notifications now show at the top of the Notifications drawer in Android 11.
These new features make it easier to connect with people on the Teams platform, whether you know them from work or your everyday life. Forwarding meetings allows you to easily bring more people into a meeting for work or school, while friends and family support for meetings helps on the personal side of Teams.
The update started rolling out on March 24, so you should be able to grab it now by going to the Google Play Store.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.