What you need to know
- Microsoft released a quick teaser for its upcoming Surface event.
- The video cryptically offers up the sounds of some "exciting new innovations" planned for the event.
- The Surface event is scheduled for October 2 at 10 a.m. ET (8 a.m. PT).
Microsoft's Surface event is set to kick off next week, and it's shaping up to be a pretty big one. We're not only expecting the usual round of refreshes for the Surface Pro and Surface Laptop, but we may also get our first peek at Centaurus, the dual-screen PC Microsoft has been rumored to be working on for some time.
Ahead of the event, Microsoft today released a teaser video that promises "exciting new innovations" for the event. There are no slick visuals here, however. Rather, Microsoft has opted to share the sounds of whatever it's planning to announce.
There's plenty of clicking and tapping there, but Microsoft also seems to be emphasizing inking. Take the sounds however you like, but with two screens, Centaurus is likely to have a heavy focus on inking itself. Though, perhaps, we're reading too far into this.
In any case, we can likely expect Microsoft to update its current Surface lineup with Intel's new 10th Gen CPUs. There are also rumors of a larger, 15-inch variant of the Surface Laptop that might pack a selection of AMD chips.
- How to watch the Microsoft Surface event live stream on October 2
- All the new Surface hardware we're expecting to see announced October 2 in NYC