What you need to know
- 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two is mere days away, and includes tons of new features and content for Minecraft players.
- Mojang Studios has dropped Release Candidate snapshots in quick succession, the latest of which could be the full 1.18 update.
- As long as no further critical issues are discovered, this is the build that will be released on Nov. 30, 2021.
Minecraft players are eagerly awaiting the arrival of 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two, which includes a huge number of new features for players to explore. Mojang Studios has been working hard to deliver the update, with an expected release date of Nov. 30, 2021. Over the last two days, Mojang has released a series of Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Release Candidates, which are potential final builds for the upcoming content update. The latest snapshot is Release Candidate 3, which could be the full 1.18 update we see in a few days.
Because 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two is practically finished, these Release Candidate snapshots only contain one or two bug fixes and little else. Still, it's important that these snapshots be thoroughly tested before release date, so that any lingering critical issues are discovered and fixed.
Minecraft is already the greatest game ever made, numbered among the best PC games of all time. The upcoming content update promises to cement this even further with tons of new features for players to explore.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Release Candidate 3 includes:
- Blocks losing the loot inside them after dying
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Release Candidate 2 includes:
- In large caves, the cave generation can't reach y= -54, not allowing to generate large lava lakes
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Release Candidate 1 includes:
- Size limit for server resource packs has been increased from 100 MB to 250 MB
- Moving through blocks in spectator mode causes a memory leak
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.