Spoticast users are in for a treat with the latest update to the third-party Spotify app for Windows 10 and Xbox One. Coming along in version 2.1 is a new discography view that makes it easy to get a look at all of the albums from any given artist. There are also a handful of Xbox tweaks, including improved scaling for the big screen.
Here's a look at all of what's new in Spoticast version 2.1:
- Discography (Semantic) view on artist view (click on one album cover, it shows all the covers)
- Album duration on the covers
- DLNA Audio only fix
- XBOX : Layout scaling disabled by default to have 1920x1080 instead of 960x540 by default (Go in Settings to go back to the 960x540 behavior)
- XBOX : Gamepad instructions are on the Settings page and popup "Tips"
- XBOX : use the View button on XBOX Gamepad to toggle discography (semantic) view
- (Reinstall the app if you experience no music after update)
And there you have it. If you already use Spoticast, you can grab the latest update to check out all of these features now. And if you're new to the app, be sure to check out our review for more, or just give the app a shot from the Windows Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.