Spoticast users are in for a treat with the latest update to the third-party Spotify app for Windows 10 and Xbox One. Coming along in version 2.1 is a new discography view that makes it easy to get a look at all of the albums from any given artist. There are also a handful of Xbox tweaks, including improved scaling for the big screen.
Here's a look at all of what's new in Spoticast version 2.1:
- Discography (Semantic) view on artist view (click on one album cover, it shows all the covers)
- Album duration on the covers
- DLNA Audio only fix
- XBOX : Layout scaling disabled by default to have 1920x1080 instead of 960x540 by default (Go in Settings to go back to the 960x540 behavior)
- XBOX : Gamepad instructions are on the Settings page and popup "Tips"
- XBOX : use the View button on XBOX Gamepad to toggle discography (semantic) view
- (Reinstall the app if you experience no music after update)
And there you have it. If you already use Spoticast, you can grab the latest update to check out all of these features now. And if you're new to the app, be sure to check out our review for more, or just give the app a shot from the Windows Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Should you get an XPS 13 or XPS 15?
Have your heart set on a new Dell XPS laptop but not sure which one to go for? Let us help as we break down some of the key points to consider.
Think you know ALL Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts? Find out in our full list
In this guide, we'll list all the best keyboard shortcuts that you can use to better navigate and utilize Windows 10 on your desktop PC or laptop.
Microsoft brings Android OS development for Surface Duo in-house
Microsoft is forming a team internally under the Microsoft Devices division that will handle the development of Android for Surface Duo going forward. Up until now, Microsoft had contracted the OS work out to third-party vendors such as Movial, who had the expertise required to bring Android to life on Surface Duo. Now, Microsoft is bringing that work in-house.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.