Spoticast users are in for a treat with the latest update to the third-party Spotify app for Windows 10 and Xbox One. Coming along in version 2.1 is a new discography view that makes it easy to get a look at all of the albums from any given artist. There are also a handful of Xbox tweaks, including improved scaling for the big screen.
Here's a look at all of what's new in Spoticast version 2.1:
- Discography (Semantic) view on artist view (click on one album cover, it shows all the covers)
- Album duration on the covers
- DLNA Audio only fix
- XBOX : Layout scaling disabled by default to have 1920x1080 instead of 960x540 by default (Go in Settings to go back to the 960x540 behavior)
- XBOX : Gamepad instructions are on the Settings page and popup "Tips"
- XBOX : use the View button on XBOX Gamepad to toggle discography (semantic) view
- (Reinstall the app if you experience no music after update)
And there you have it. If you already use Spoticast, you can grab the latest update to check out all of these features now. And if you're new to the app, be sure to check out our review for more, or just give the app a shot from the Windows Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Bing might be in for a very Microsoft-y rebrand
You may want to prepare to say goodbye to Bing's iconic "B" logo. It appears Microsoft is at least mulling a move to rebrand the search engine to "Microsoft Bing" with a new logo in tow.
Even if you don't love Wonder Woman, this Edge extension is glorious
Need to add a little more spice to your new tab pages in Microsoft Edge? How about a little Wonder Woman 1984 art? Surely you can't say no to that.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.