Holy cow, we're back! Yes folks, after some weeks of weary travel and scheduling conflicts, Jay Bennett and myself return for another 90 minute podcast on all things Windows Phone. Tune in for our thoughts on the latest apps, games, my ATIV Tablet, Itsdagram and what Nokia has been up to. Plus we take your questions!
Stream the audio above or the HD video after the break or use our app, your pick.
- Stream with the Official WPCentral App
- Download it directly with this link
- Watch the HD video after the page break
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Windows Phone Central podcast, episode 159 for 08 May, 2013
We're back after a long break away, we'll explain why we were gone. Plus we have a new podcast format to try out and are keen to hear what you think.
Conversation this week
- The new Facebook beta does not follow metro, is that a problem?
- Facebook is the latest organisation to enforce trademark infringement laws (opens in new tab)
- The rise of Windows Phone 8: New hero apps breathe life (and legitimacy) into Microsoft’s mobile OS (opens in new tab)
The news you care about
- New Lumia to be announced next week! (opens in new tab)
- The secret is out: Nokia shows off Lumia 928’s PureView camera in new video (opens in new tab)
- The Wedding (opens in new tab)
- N.O.V.A. 3 is coming soon (opens in new tab)
- Itsdagram may be the most ambitious 3rd party app yet (opens in new tab)
Apps worth your attention
- YouTube (opens in new tab)
- Foursquare (opens in new tab)
- Untappd (opens in new tab)
- Gravity Guy 2 review (opens in new tab)
- Comments from last time (opens in new tab)
- Live questions and comments
You can find us all on Twitter @wpcentral (opens in new tab), @daniel_rubino (opens in new tab), @coppertop004 (opens in new tab), @RichEdmonds (opens in new tab), @JayTBennett (opens in new tab), @segacon,
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com (opens in new tab) for more great shows covering everything mobile, or head over to the WPCentral Forums (opens in new tab) if you'd like to get involved with our community in discussing more about Windows Phone news, devices and apps.
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org (opens in new tab) for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
Where is video download link?
Jeez, I forgot about these. I switched to android last month....at least they make podcasts ;P
Also, I did not turn to android!
I miss the podcast live stream yesterday damn
Can't stream the new ep with Podcast Lounge or the WPCentral app... still has the old one. YouTube works but then I can't use anything else on my phone while it plays. Hope it's up soon.
Same issue here
I know this is unrelated but what's happened to nova 3 this week?
Coming out in may sometime nobody knows when. The article was wrong.
I tapped on the video link in the WPCentral app... my phone said I didn't have an app did I wan to get one at the store, I found a Microsoft youtube app I had no idea had ever been released... previous attempts to find a good MS youtube did not return a good result...
Awesome that the link opens the new YouTube app. Can't get anything else to use it. If only for the scrubber.
The feedburner link does not work all my podcast players still show March as the latest episode.
I'm currently planning on taking a hiatus of my own & switching to a Nexus 4 (or 5 depending on what happens at Google IO).
I'm tired of wrestling with Windows Phone 8's shonky media playback & syncing. WP8 can't play files that WP7 played fine, the sync tool's still crashy and will sporadically wipe the media from the phone before very slowly copying it all back and I've given up hope of ever seeing any album art on any podcast (including this one). Overall t's a distinct step back from WP7 and from talking with Microsoft support I get the distinct impression they aren't interested.
It's not rocket science (I know because I'm an aeronautical engineer).
Any chance one of the GDR's will fix any of these issues?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.