- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Watch the HD video after the page break
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
We're back this week with special guest, Nokia's Justin Angel who joins Editor-in-chief Daniel Rubino and developer Jay Bennett for an interesting and exciting discussion of Windows Phone "Tango" and what it means both for fragmentation, developers and consumers. What's more crazy than that? The fact that Justin called in via his Lumia 610 on Skype.
We also go through some news, apps and take your questions.
Listen in or watch the HD video after the break!
WPCentral Podcast 138 for March 14th, 2012 - LIVE with Special Guest: Justin Angel
- A couple of podcast announcements
- Position at Nokia - Day in the life
- Which Windows Phone(s) are you using?
- Projects & History
- Lumia 610 (opens in new tab)
- Lower spec phones (opens in new tab) - the limits (opens in new tab)
- Questions for Justin
The big stories
- Mobile World Congress
- ZTE Orbit (opens in new tab)
- Pureview 41MP awesomeness (opens in new tab)
- Nokia needs to go cheaper?
- Elop: "The future is the ecosystem" (opens in new tab)
- New firmware updates for Lumia 800 and 710 on the way (opens in new tab)
- Gerbil Physics (opens in new tab)
- Comments from last time (opens in new tab)
- Live questions & comments
Further Resources for Developers
- Nokia Developer Wiki: Best Practices for 256MB development
- Nokia Developer wiki: Techniques for memory analysis
- Channel9 Inside Windows Phone: Tango podcast
You can find us all on Twitter @wpcentral (opens in new tab); @malatesta77 (opens in new tab); @coppertop004 (opens in new tab); @RichEdmonds (opens in new tab); @JayTBennett (opens in new tab); @segacon; @WithinRafael (opens in new tab); @RogueCode (opens in new tab); @Big_D5 (opens in new tab)
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com (opens in new tab) for more great shows covering everything mobile, Or head over to the WPCentral Forums (opens in new tab) if you'd like to get involved with our community in discussing more about Windows Phone news, devices and apps.
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org (opens in new tab) for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
Hi guys I saw this on the post
Thanks to the WPCentral Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
But I think you said it was sponsored by Audible so maybe worth an update?
It's easy to lose track... But the audible deal is an audio-only one for now! Of course if people visit the link it will help us no end!
Considering that the WPCentral Store owns wpcentral, I think they get top billing. :)
OK thanks just thought if you upset the sponsors it might affect future deals :0 I'll visit that link the...
Just discovered that the cheapest Windows phone 7 with full 512mb /8GB board is the LG 906 for £140.00.... I hope Tango phones are way cheaper than £140. In emerging markets were Blackberry rules the day, prices start at £90.00 for the cheapest Blackberry. Tango would have to compete at these prices.
Just saw/heard the podcast right now, as I was busy during the week. Great questions and clarifications on multitasking, among others for the new breed of "affordable" windows phones. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully you guys do this more often... And Daniel take care and get well soon....(ginger tea with honey helps reduce the cough..)
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.