- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Join Daniel Rubino and Jay Bennett as they discuss the busy, busy week in Windows Phone, from apps to more Mango news, it's all covered here.
Show notes aftter the break...
Top o' the news
- Mango Available for Developers (and the quick hacking)
- Developer NDA – clarification
- HTC Eternity (rumour)
- Facebook v2.0
- 25,000 apps – how could MS control the spam better?
- The App Fest
- Angry Birds (Review)
- Best Buy (how to do an app badly?)
- Kik Messenger
- Oh, and Accuweather
- IM+’s price drop
- Compal manufacturing on Nokia’s behalf
- Front facing cameras in Mango
- Games for Windows moving to Xbox.com
- Comments from last week
- Your Twitter questions
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been here covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics and ran the projectors at movie theaters, which has done absolutely nothing for his career.
I know why there is issues with the certification process, I used to work there. I am sure there have been some changes... but I was there.
Cool man, any interesting insights or information you can share with us? Either here or via a tip if you'd prefer :)
Regarding videos on WP7. If you rent a video on the Zune desktop player it ask if you want to watch it on the desktop or the phone.But you must do it through the Zune desktop player.Works for me on UK account.
Ah, there we go. Thanks.
love the new style podcast hope you are able to keep them coming and love the international flavour, having jay as new co host really works and i really like the developer insight without being to techie thanks again Dan
by the way have update to mango and whats working is such a improvement can't wait for the finished release just need big name sat nav app and i can finally retire the HD2
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.