As part of the release today of the Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 10565, Microsoft has provided a list of what's been fixed in the build compared to previous versions, and a list of known issues as well.
Here's the breakdown of the fixes, via Windows Insider head Gabriel Aul:
- You should no longer see a warning message in the Settings app > Update & Security > Windows Update regarding changed ring settings for preview builds unless you actually change your ring settings.
- Background audio playback works again when apps like Groove are minimized.
- We fixed the issue where clicking on the system icons in the notification area quickly results in Windows Shell blocking the launch of fly-outs like Audio, Networking, etc.
- After Build 10525, we heard a lot of feedback that some context menus were too big for mouse. We've made adjustments to many of the context menus to make them smaller for using them with a mouse.
- You can now pin contacts to the Start menu from the People app.
- Certain apps won't appear twice anymore when pinned to the taskbar.
- Hiding desktop icons via context menu on the desktop now works.
- Windows Store apps should now be updating automatically.
Here's a list of what issues Windows Insiders should be aware of when using Windows 10 build 10565:
- The search box does not work if you are in a locale where Cortana is not available. We are currently investigating workarounds.
- The Xbox app for Windows 10 will consume gigabytes of memory on your PC if you have any Win32 games (non -Windows Store games) installed on your PC that have been identified as games or added by you in the Xbox app. Closing the Xbox app will release your PC's memory.
- WebM and VP9 have been temporarily removed from the flight builds. We continue to develop a VP9 implementation that we intend to ship in Windows. Expect VP9 to return soon in a future release.
- Small form-factor devices, like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, that boot with rotation or virtual mode screen size set larger than the physical screen size will experience a bluescreen on upgrade and will roll back to the previous build