Two weeks ago, Microsoft ushered in a new and improved Camera app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile, but only for Insiders in the Fast Ring. The app featured a revised UI along with a new time-lapse feature. A few days later, the app trickled down to Slow and Release Preview Rings and today it is now available to non-Insiders (Production).
Build 1021.11 is now available to all on PC and Mobile, which is a bump from 816.91. The update brings with it quite a few new things including faster start time.
Here is the full changelog:
- Enjoy taking photos, videos, and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons.
- Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control.
- Get to Settings faster! Now, launch into Settings directly from the camera UI.
- Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen.
- Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider.
- Make sure you nailed the shot, with a more noticeable capture animation.
- Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control.
- On PC, use the spacebar as a shortcut to take pictures
Overall, the update seems to be a big improvement over the previous milestone. As always, users are encouraged to use the Windows Feedback app should they have problems or feature requests for the development team.
Note: Some features may vary from device to device
Thanks, Lokesh K., for the tip!