What you need to know
- Forza Horizon 5 is a wildly successful and widely acclaimed racing game from Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios.
- That being said, the title isn't perfect, with a myriad of bugs and glitches that have detracted from some players' experiences.
- On Tuesday, Playground released a new community update that details some of the fixes and changes it's working on for FH5.
- Improvements to Accolades, the Festival Playlist, wheel support, EventLab, leaderboards, and more are planned for upcoming updates.
One of the best Xbox games released in 2021 was undoubtedly Forza Horizon 5, which delivered a premium racing experience packed to the brim with content and cars. Still, many players encountered various bugs and issues in Forza Horizon 5, ranging from online multiplayer issues to faults when attempting to progress through Accolades, and much more. Playground Games has been working tirelessly to improve Forza Horizon 5 with a series of updates, and more are coming in 2022.
In a new Forza Horizon 5 community update, the developer took some time to detail the fixes and changes it's working on right now after coming back from its end-of-year break, all of which should appear in future updates throughout 2022. Some of these planned changes include:
- Accolades and progression. Forza Horizon 5 features thousands of Accolades that reward players for accomplishing practically anything in the game, but many of these Accolades are bugged and cannot be completed, have progress that reset seemingly randomly, or have incorrect or misleading descriptions. Playground is investigating and working to fix all of these flaws.
- Festival Playlist progress. The Forza Horizon 5 Festival Playlist is how Playground introduces new cars, events, and more to FH5 over time, but it hasn't been perfect. Several challenges and objectives have been bugged to the point where players have been unable to complete them. Playground is working on preventing this problem in the future, as well as retroactively reward players for bugged Daily Challenges and Treasure Hunts from previous Festival Playlists, among other fixes.
- Leaderboards. Forza Horizon 5 features dozens of leaderboards that let players compete for the top scores and records across PR Stunts, Rivals events, and more. However, many of the top spots on these leaderboards are dominated by players who used exploits and cheats to achieve impossibly high scores. Playground is working on removing these erroneous scores and preventing future attempts to skirt the system.
- Wheel support. Forza Horizon 5 touted major improvements to wheel support over its predecessors, but players (especially on PC) have continued to encounter a myriad of problems. Playground is investigating many issues when playing with the best Forza Horizon 5 steering wheels, including crashes, missing force feedback, and more.
- Much more. Most of the bugs reported in Forza Horizon 5 are minor, but they're still numerous. Playground is working on many more fixes on top of these, including ones for EventLab, cars, and much more.
Playground Games relies in part on community feedback and support to track these issues and prioritize different fixes. Its intention is to improve upon the already-excellent experience in Forza Horizon 5 throughout 2022, a process that will assumedly include many patch and hotfix updates filled with fixes and tweaks.
Forza Horizon 5 has already secured its spot as one of the best Xbox racing games you can play, and is labeled as the "unchallenged champion of open-world racers" in our Forza Horizon 5 review. The game is available now on a variety of platforms and services, and will continue to evolve over time as Playground Games releases new updates, fixes, and content to players.
The unchallenged champion
The best open-world racer
Playground Games has delivered their latest masterpiece with Forza Horizon 5, which features the series' most diverse map and largest car list yet. Forza Horizon 5 somehow fulfills its ambitious promises to be the best open-world racer right now, and one of the best racing games in general.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.