Forza Horizon 5 has taken to the roads of Mexico, presenting what's shaping up as one of the best racing games to bless Xbox consoles and PC. Developer Playground Games has delivered an expansive open world brimming with miles of roads to explore across jungle, plains, deserts, canyons, and more. It also introduces hundreds of vehicles, high-speed events and races, and mountains of content geared for virtual petrolheads.
While Forza Horizon 5 is one of the best Xbox racing games you can play, you're not always guaranteed a faultless experience. The game has dropped with an extensive list of bugs and launch issues across all platforms, including some you might frequently encounter during your time in Mexico. We've rounded up the top bugs and known issues impacting the title right now, alongside the updates Playground has released to improve and evolve the experience.
The unchallenged champion
The best open-world racer
Playground Games has delivered their latest masterpiece with Forza Horizon 5, which features the series' most diverse map and largest car list yet. Forza Horizon 5 somehow fulfills its ambitious promises to be the best open-world racer right now, and one of the best racing games in general.
What are the top issues and bugs in Forza Horizon 5?
Forza Horizon 5 is a relatively polished game, but it's not without its fair share of issues. Playground Games is perpetually tracking reports and communications from the FH5 community to work on these issues, but fixes can take time. We've compiled the top issues and bugs affecting Forza Horizon 5 right now, including any workarounds or fixes we've found.
Various online and server issues
Forza Horizon 5 has fallen prey to the same faults that plague many online multiplayer games with prevalent server and online matchmaking issues since launch. FH5 already features millions of players connecting to its online servers, many of which have reported the open-world Horizon Life not surfacing a lot of players, Horizon Arcade events almost always being nearly empty, long loading and wait times for online game modes, issues with Convoys, and more. Online stability has continued to improve with every patch and hotfix since launch, but players who enjoy online multiplayer should be aware that the experience is still far from perfect.
Crashes on PC
While Forza Horizon 5 has launched directly into the Microsoft Store and Steam alongside its Xbox console debut, some players have faced frequent crashes across various PC setups. Reports indicate crashing occurs throughout the Forza Horizon 5 introduction, which sees players introduced to various vehicles and environments. Most players face a hard crash with no on-screen error code provided, making troubleshooting and temporary workarounds a little trickier to manage. Other crashes can occur at practically any time during gameplay, especially during any loading screens.
We recommend ensuring your PC meets the Forza Horizon 5 system requirements while running the latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 11. Developer Playground Games has also published an extensive list of software that could impact overall stability and increase the chance of crashes. Some anti-virus software packages may prevent the game from booting entirely, while other third-party programs may affect stability once in-game. You can check our full guide on Forza Horizon 5 crashes for more troubleshooting tips.
Updates and patches following FH5's launch may have fixed a lot of the underlying causes for these crashes, but players may still experience them periodically throughout play.
Crashes on Xbox consoles
Some Forza Horizon 5 players have reported crashes when playing on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The closed nature of the Xbox console family makes it harder to find potential causes, with no official workarounds detailed at this time. We recommend ensuring Forza Horizon 5 is installed on your internal hard drive for the best possible results and otherwise keeping an eye on official support channels for future updates. Post-launch hotfixes and patches have claimed to fix a number of crashing issues, but crashes can still occur even after these more recent releases.
Players report crashes occurring especially during any kind of loading screen, such as loading into a Race Event or online game mode. Crashes can also occur when first loading into the game, as Forza Horizon 5 plays the cinematic intro for your assigned Player House or Festival Site.
Quick Resume issues on Xbox Series X|S consoles
Playground Games has acknowledged a bug where audio on Xbox Series X|S consoles may disappear once starting from Quick Resume. Force quitting the application and restarting the game will fix the issue when re-entering the game. On top of this frustrating bug, Forza Horizon 5 joins many other online-connected games by not always cooperating with Xbox's Quick Resume feature, refusing to reconnect to online services properly after launch.
Until the situation improves, it's recommended that players force quit out of Forza Horizon 5 whenever they're doing playing. Frequent saves and fast loading times on Xbox Series X|S ensure this is a minor inconvenience, and prevents FH5 from going into Quick Resume.
Unresponsive controllers on Xbox consoles
Following one of Forza Horizon 5's post-launch patch updates, some layers began reporting unresponsive controllers on Xbox consoles. While seemingly not a widespread issue, players afflicted by the problem reported FH5 not responding to any controller input after fast traveling, or leaving Festival Sites and Player Houses, despite showing that a controller is still connected. A temporary workaround for the problem is restarting Forza Horizon 5.
What are all known issues and bugs in Forza Horizon 5?
The top issues in Forza Horizon 5 may capture the majority of attention from players, but there are plenty of other smaller bugs and flaws that Playground Games actively tracks and intends to fix over time. Here's every known issue and bug we know of in Forza Horizon 5.
You can track the known issues and bugs in Forza Horizon 5 through Forza Support.
- Player is not informed that it is not possible to join the Horizon Life session when the game speed is lowered
- Colorblind option doesn't change the mini-map route color
- Issue when viewing tire size with the Tritanopia colorblind option
- Assisted steering and auto-steering functionalities do not work in freeroam and events
- Auto-Steer feature does not function without the navigation line
- "One Last Ride" Accolade does not unlock if completed with the 1998 Toyota Supra RZ "Welcome Pack" car
- Some players are not able to complete the "Blood, Sweat, and Gears" Accolade
- "Five a Day", "Marathon", and "Double Time" Accolades reset if player fast travels or changes their car
- Stats for certain Rivals Accolades only increment on Circuit Race Event lap times
- "The Canyon Statue" El Camino Horizon Story Accolade may not complete correctly for some players
- "Mazda of All Trades" Accolade can partially reset when it is pinned. Players may not be able to complete
- "Now We're Talkin'" The Eliminator Accolade does not complete after the player gets a Level 8 car
- "Prophet of Regret" Accolade does not complete correctly
- "Cover Cars" Accolade lists 2015 Lamborghini Huracán instead of 2014 Lamborghini Huracán
- "Most Iconic Trio" Accolade does not complete after owning all three required cars
- "Solar Eclipse" Accolade may complete when using the wrong car
- "Ice Breaker" Accolade does not complete correctly and shows wrong information when pinned
- "It's Go time" The Eliminator Accolade does not complete after the player gets a Level 9 car
- "Power Trip" Accolade cannot currently be completed
- "Seven Day Wonder" Accolade (Complete all Daily #FORZATHON Challenges in the same Series) not unlocking
- "Going Places" Accolade (Complete All Horizon Tour Challenges in the same Series) not unlocking
- "Showpiece" Accolade description text says 25 likes when the counter is 225
- "Level Up" Accolade does not complete after 200 bonus boards and may appear stuck at 199/200 boards
- "Mini Mini" Accolade won't unlock after completing mini arcade event with a Mini
- "Bully for the Bull" Accolade does not unlock after completed Bullseye round
- "Mastery Chief" Accolade not unlocking once mastery tree is done on 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST
- "Survivor & Catch Me If You Can" Accolade may unlock for the player when on the wrong team
- "Snakes and Ladders" Accolade seem to count ladders in any car once you've driven the 2000 Ford SVT Cobra R once
- "Open Empire" Accolade does not have a tracker in Accolade menu
- "Another One Lights the Dust" Accolade not tracking or working when using the correct car to hit the lanterns
- "It Just Works" Accolade not unlocking after completing Mastery tree on 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
- "Getting Creative" Accolade does not incrememt correctly
- If an Event overrides your Drivatar difficulty to Unbeatable and your settings weren't already on Unbeatable, you don't make progress towards relevant Accolades
- Locked Accolades that award a car have a greyed-out gift-box icon instead of a greyed-out car icon
- With some language settings the description for the "Min, Meet Max" Achievement reads "Complete all Seasonal Championships in a Festival Playlist Series" Instead of "Complete all events in a Festival Playlist Series"
- Auction House bid may fail and remove credits. Player may receive a "Bid Failed" or a "Not enough credits" message
- Retrieving credits from Auction House bids adds to the total winnings stat
- Barn Find cars from Forza Horizon 4 are labeled as Barn Finds in Forza Horizon 5 in Auction House
- 1997 Lotus Elise GT1 tagged as Barn Find in Auction House
- Players may become stuck in a loading loop in auction messages
- Sometimes car thumbnails do not match car image or paint
- Auction listing items have loading issues when navigating down the list
- Voice chat has been disabled
- Rebooting the console with headphones plugged into the controller and then booting the game results in only the radio audio being heard
- When changing output format from stereo to 7.1 (or any other combination) the game sometimes goes silent
- ANNA and Voice Over are not affected by Speech Volume setting
- Audio no longer works after turning on Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic on PC
- When Player completes Horizon Open series for first time, there are subtitles for Ramiro voice, but no audio plays
- Airship playing at the world origin which can be heard from the Motorway
- Main body of the 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder's aero wing remains inactive when the car is speeding up or braking
- 1998 Toyota Supra RZ has window trim issues on each side
- 1998 Toyota Supra RZ is missing a gear shift animation
- Convertible feature does not work in free roam for some cars such as the 2003 Honda S2000, 2013 Mazda MX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5, and 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG
- 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari front and rear diffuser appear grey instead of a darker color.
- BMW M5 2018 driver-side front brake caliper is blue in the stock version of the car, all other calipers are yellow.
- Liveried Gift Car thumbnails show as stock car paint until the player gets into the car and drives it or applies an upgrade
- 2002 Ferrari Enzo stock rims are chrome in free roam after painting them black
- Unlocking a car reward through Car Mastery does not add the car to the player garage
- 2011 BMW X5 M Forza Edition appears in wheelspins when it is DLC
- 1991 Hoonigan Porsche 911 Turbo Rauh-Welt Begriff rear brakes are not aligned
- 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupé speedometer changes color when the engine is running
- 1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback tuning inconsistent with previous title expectations
- 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec has rim color texture issues
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale has issues changing the color of the calipers
- 2018 Can-AM Maverick X RS Turbo R displays "Feature Unavailable" error message when selecting the car from the Car Collection or Autoshow
- 2018 Can-AM Maverick X RS Turbo R back panels come up as Jet Black no matter the color on the car
- 2018 Can-AM Maverick X RS Turbo R license plate is not illuminated at night
- 2015 Ferrari F12tdf front passenger brake caliper will not change when the calipers are painted
- 1999 Ford Racing Puma Forza Edition has hood corruption issue when opened in Forzavista
- 2004 Nissan Pickup #23 Rally Raid steering wheel does not rotate with turns
- 2004 Nissan Pickup #23 Rally Raid front and back axle along with the suspension disappear in free roam and drone mode
- Unable to collect the 1967 Ford Racing Escort RS1600 MK1 Barn Find. This may show up after a reboot
- 1998 Toyota Supra RZ paint appears different colors when using the KRC kit
- 1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade tires on thumbnail in Autoshow, Car Collection and Garage are flipped 180%
- Bodykits are in the conversion section for multiple cars
- Changing front bumper does not update car stats for 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Stretched textures are present on some Rear Wings for 1998 Toyota Supra RZ
- 1970 GMC Jimmy wheels get stuck in the ground after a jump or long fall
- 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32 front wheels are not lined up properly with the center of the car wheel arch
- 1990 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R headlight reflection follows windshield wipers
- 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker shifting animation is wrong
- Work Emotion 11R rims display a texture spike
- 1968 Renault 4L Export shifting animation is wrong
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class has low-quality textures with its hood open
- Street Race Skill Perk only appears to work on road racing events
- 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 rollcage is added inconsistently between Sport Chassis and Race Chassis
- 1969 Volkswagen Class 5/1600 Baja Bug tires clip with the ground
- 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster hood has a lighting issue with a shadow effect except for when previewed in the Auto Show
- 2015 Audi RS 6 Avant antenna is grey when car paint color is expected
- 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 text on side skirt always displays regardless of car color
- 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder Performante LP570-4 front hood has color issues compared to rest of car paint
- Inconsistent car backfire on various vehicles after changing cars or tuning
- 2014 Volkswagen Golf R brake calipers are offset
- 2018 Audi TT RS Sport Rear Bumper upgrade disappears when applied
- Switching tunes on the road can cause brake calipers to stay in a static location outside the car
- 2003 BMW M5 livery mapping on fender does not cover whole area
- Break balance on some cars is reversed when adjusting front and rear
Controller & wheel input
- Custom controller mapping cannot be saved with unassigned actions
- Advanced controller option to switch ANNA, Telemetry, and TTS options is not available for custom controller profiles
- Players may not be able to change their radio station
- After creating a custom profile player is unable to use any ANNA / LINK options
- Player can't proceed past ANNA / Forza LINK introduction if they are using a custom control layout (players will need to update their controller layout to a default to get get past this)
- Controller vibration may suddenly stop working after being disconnected from an online session
- Some races may change transmission from manual to automatic
- Controller rumble & haptics may be lost after quitting Horizon Open on the next event signup screen
- The clutch is activated when pushing the E-Brake while accelerating
- Player may become blocked after switching input devices in some areas
- Game does not respond to any controller input after setting Lugar Tranquilo as Player Home and leaving the house
- Vibration feedback stops working between Race Events, and when the controller is disconnected or reconnected, until a restart
- Controller input no longer works after Fast Travelling or leaving a Player House on Xbox Series X|S
- Loss of force feedback after Quick Resume, Events, or navigating menus
EventLab & customization
- Ramp assets placed during Blueprint creation may not appear in race
- If you use Create a Route at a Street Race location the default checkpoints are loaded in and you can't place your own checkpoints
- Events use "daytime" time of day when the route weather is set to "tropical storm"
- Some player liveries are disappearing from being shared but are still in the Creative Hub
- Player liveries may not load in free roam
- Not all Forza Horizon 4 Liveries are syncing to Forza Horizon 5
- The "No Music" option is not working when creating a Challenge Card in Super7
- "Dust storm" and "tropical storm" aren't selectable options in Super7 Challenge Card Weather Settings
- Publishing an arena in EventLab navigates to the custom events screen which shows the newly created event
- Super7 Challenge Cards can be created in offline mode even though they cannot be published
- Black bars persist on top of the screen when using Create a Route in Playground Games
- Props will occasionally fail to load in Challenges
- When applying a livery players may notice the background to be filled in rather than being transparent
- Custom point-to-point events created from Circuit and vice versa show wrong progress type when driven for the first time by the creator after publishing
- Weekly Challenge progress may reset after restarting the title and other actions
- PR Stunt Playlist objectives may be marked as complete on the map if the wrong car is used to get 3 Stars. These will not be marked as complete in the Festival Playlist menu
- Cannot complete seasonal PR Stunts in a lower-class car. Players may get an 'Incorrect Car for Seasonal Objective' notification in this case
- Seasonal Championship events may not mark as complete after finishing all races
- Playlist tile shows "1" or "2" notification even though all rewards have already been claimed
- Series 0 "Welcome Week" is not available in the series history screen
- Some players are experiencing spawn issues when starting The Trial
- Completing a Horizon Arcade event may not mark the Playlist as complete
- Series 1 "Crowd-pleaser" Daily Challenge does not unlock unless the player completes a Showcase event they have never done before
- Series 1 "The Explorer" Daily Challenge does not unlock unless the player completes an Expedition event they have never done before
- Series 1 "Wash for 20 Seconds" challenge only unlocks when performing a Dirty Lap rather than a Clean Lap
- Series 1 "Zoomies" challenge to drive 250mph for 5 seconds does not complete
- Series 1 "A True Super GT" Weekly Challenge Chapter 4 does not complete when players get 2/2
- Series 1 "A True Super GT" Weekly Challenge resets after restarting the game
- Series 1 "It's Raining Sideways" Seasonal Championship weather jarringly and abruptly changes during all three events
- Series 1 "Letting Off Steam," "New Kid on the Block," and "It's Rainin' Sideways" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 1 "Four on the Floor," "Pick up the Pace," and "When It Rains, It Pours" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 1 "No Expense Spared," "The Real Deal," and "Midnight Battle" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 1 "Gotta Smash 'em All" challenge may not complete
- Series 1 "Riveting" Daily Challenge does not unlock after completing a Horizon Story chapter the player completed before
- Series 1 "Bargain Hunt" Daily Challenge does not complete
- Series 1 "Neunelfer" Weekly Challenge Chapter 3 may not complete if the player has already taken a photo of the car for Horizon Promo before
- Series 1 The Trial allows players to select a car from any PI class, which creates a very difficult challenge
- Series 1 "Getting Sideways" does not complete for some players
- Series 2 "Treasure Hunt: Blazing Thunder" does not unlock if players have previously completed all Trailblazers with 3 Stars
- Series 2 "Toys Under the Tree," "Yule The Boss," and "Good Tidings We Bring" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 2 "Carol of the Bel Airs," "Drivin' Home for Xmas," and "Getting Hyped" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 2 "Feliz Navidad," "Oh, Deer," and "'20 Supra GR Championship" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 2 "Auld Land Syne," "Down For the Countdown," and "New Beginnings" Seasonal Championships may not complete after finishing the races
- Series 2 "Triple Drop" Daily Challenge is not completing for some players
- Series 2 "Treasure Hunt: Too Cool to Air" does not show treasure chest hint or location on map
- Series 2 "Lucky" Daily Challenge does not consistently complete after meeting stated requirements
- Series 2 "Game Changing" Weekly Challenge may reset, and some players cannot complete this
- Series 2 "Triple Drop" Daily Challenge is completed from claiming three drops of the same car
- Series 2 "Frosty Friends" does correctly increment
- Series 2 "I Wanna Be a Rockstar" Weekly Challenge does not complete and sometimes resets
- Series 2 "Go Wild" Daily Challenge may not complete
- Series 2 tree decorations stay in air after hitting the tree over in Mulége
- Weekly Challenge Chapter 1 car my not be recognized and the Chapter will not complete
- Sometimes Horizon Tour is appearing as already complete and will award Playlist Points erroneously
- Weekly Challenge progress may reset after restarting the game
- Series 4 "Put On a Show" Daily Challenge does not complete upon meeting the requirements
- Monthly Rivals laps are sometimes flagged erroneously
- Players may purchase a car from the Forzathon Shop and it will not appear in their inventory / garage
- Terrain may disappear temporarily during Co-op Expeditions
- Corrupted textures are visible on the road and terrain in certain areas of the map after completing a Horizon Arcade event
- Placeholder "A" block on ground near Uxmal
- Water droplet effects may remain on screen.
- Vegetation shows low detail on higher-spec devices
- Invisible wall near house near Los Jardines
- Non-standard aspect ratios do not have their native resolution set by default
- Red smoke in street scene races appears pixelated
- Ground not loading and game freezing
- Hood and bumper views darken when changing cameras at night
- Grass texture appearing on the highway
- Camera / screen shaking wildly after leaving / joining event or reconnecting
- Cars may not spawn in "Coast to Coast" Test Driver Horizon Story
- "Off the Beaten Trail" Test Driver Horizon Story and certain optional Expedition objectives cannot be completed with maximum assists enabled
- Some Born Fast Horizon Story chapters do not unlock after players get 3 Stars on previous chapters
- Some V10 Horizon Story chapters do not unlock after players get 3 Stars on previous chapters
- Some El Camino Horizon Story chapters do not unlock after players get 3 Stars on previous chapters
- Some V10 Horizon Story jumps do not register distance or complete
- User has to terminate and relaunch the title to apply an installed language pack
- Tuning menu is Called "Melodiás" in Spanish
- "William" used instead of "Willian" in Brazilian Portuguese
- Players may be removed from Clubs after restarting the game
- Players may receive network error messages when trying to create Clubs
- Club tags do not display for some players
- Players in a Convoy may disappear and reappear repeatedly
- A prompt saying that the Convoy leader is already in a Convoy sometimes appears when attempting to invite other players
- Players are not able to join another player after they create a significant number of new Convoys back-to-back
- There is no ability to place a waypoint while in a Convoy to show where everyone should go to
- Convoy members get kicked when the leader on an Xbox console starts an Event Blueprint
- When players join a race with a convoy with Speech-to-Text enabled, the UI remains permanently on screen
- Spinner icon constantly shows for some Convoy members
- Sometimes players are unable to join the Convoy via Pause Menu if Convoy type has been recently changed
- Only the Convoy leader can see other players
- Players may become unable to pause or open the map during The Eliminator sessions
- Player can access Barn Finds and use it to send gifts during The Eliminator
- Players can't see other player positions in The Eliminator
- Some players are unable to enter Head-to-Head races in The Eliminator
- Performance and game freeze issues when challenging other players in The Eliminator
- Receiving a Gift Drop at a barn location sometimes doesn't work
- Some gifted cars are not appearing in the receiver's garage
- Horizon Arcade event may start without a full group of players or with too small of a group of players
- Horizon Arcade players may disappear when the event starts
- Horizon Arcade players are not awarded points if they are disconnected
- No option to mute specific other player LINKs
- Playground Games sometimes spawns the player outside the play area
- Several Rivals events have ghosts with impossibly fast lap times
- Player is unable to set group / Convoy run from map screen
- Idle players are sometimes not properly kicked for inactivity
- GPS route does not update for Horizon Arcade Air Event Round 3 Danger Sign
- Long wait times can be experienced during matchmaking
- The livery or tune on a Gift Drop can be removed if an error is encountered while uploading it
- Player may see a message "You have joined a Convoy, Return to Freeroam to meet them" when they are already in an event with the convoy
- Player could enter the Co-op Seasonal Championship in their own car and then got disconnected during loading cutscene
- Occasionally the wrong race may load after matchmaking for Co-op Championships
- Players can reset their car position and spawn on top of the plane at the Festival Site in The Eliminator
- Players can sometimes access a Festival Site to change cars in The Eliminator
- Rarely, players' cars can be seen falling out of the sky in Horizon Open
- Sometimes player cannot smash a whole line of Piñatas due to other breakables in the path
- Players may see out of season content while waiting for an event to start
- Traffic cars may not spawn in the world after doing a Horizon Open event
- Online Street races have no traffic cars
- No cars in open world for some players
- No "Reset car position" option is available when a player is stuck in Playground Games
- Sometimes in a Co-op Race if you Rewind you get stuck waiting for the Rewind to finish but don't actually rewind anywhere
- Some players are not receiving "Thank you" messages after sending Gift Drops
- In the event of rollback or error, the returned Gift Drop car does not have livery / tune applied
- Players are not able to send Gift Drops after experiencing a network disconnect and will need to close and restart the game
- The livery or tune on a Gift Drop can be removed if an error is encountered while uploading it
- Some players didn't get the 1,000 Forzathon Point gift from community team in December
- Player is not asked to confirm before spending their Forzathon Points on a gift
- Horizon Arcade Event may start without a full group of players or with too small of a group of players
- Horizon Arcade disappears after the player goes to the Festival Site or Outpost
- If Player fails a Horizon Arcade Trailblazer the waypoint doesn't lead the player back to the start again
- Daytime races that follow Street Scene Races may remain dark with no headlights on
Performance & stability
- Crashes during free roam, tuning cars, applying upgrades due to memory issue causing loss of tunes, cars, or upgrades
- Game may crash when receiving an auction house car, resulting in losing that car
- Some players are experiencing save rollbacks when reloading into the game.
- Players may receive an "E:104f-0" save error
- Players may receive an "E:106f-0" save error
- Players may receive an "E:107f-0" save error
- Players may receive an "E:1043-0" save error
- Players may receive an "E:136f-0" save error
- Players may get an "E:306f-0 Invalid Save" error message
- Players may get an "E:1047-0 Invalid Save" error message
- Players may get an "E:1045-0 Invalid Save" error message
- Players may get an "E:10cf-f Invalid Save" error message
- Using Rewind mode several times in a row freezes player's car
- Players may receive a "Low streaming bandwidth" error message
- Players may receive an "E:107D-0" save error
- Players may receive an "E:116f-0" save error
- Players may receive an "E:47" save error
- Player may softlock when returning to Freeroam if they do not select a car between Events and let the timer expire
- Game is incorrectly showing some DLC packs as free
- Credits prompt does not appear after some races
- Telemetry overlay may not turn off preventing usage of other menu items
- Daily Payouts (design and paints) sometimes do not add to the player's total and the player does not receive an error message
- Daily Payouts are capped at 50k credits for some players
- Daily Payouts showing 0 credits for some players
- Online friends are occasionally not shown in the Online Players List
- Navigation lines may be missing when using ANNA to complete more Horizon Stories for Accolades
- Text displays "Please change back to Timeless FM" when a skill song plays
- Players are not getting the reward for completing car collections
- Kudos sometimes do not add to the player's total
- Horizon Arcade "Stay With Group" notification stays on screen until game restart
- Placeholder string for Horizon Arcade panel "No Valid Stuntparty, Description yeah" present
- Game uses "Tom" instead of "Tobias"
- Game uses "Iker" instead of "Javier"
- Game uses "Bilal" instead of "Cecil"
- Game uses "Jordy" instead of "Juan"
- Game uses "Fidel" instead of "Fernando"
- Game uses "LIsandro" instead of "Luis"
- Game uses "Ramon" instead of "Roger"
- Game uses "Sunday" instead of "Danny"
- Game uses "Alexandro" instead of "Luis"
- Game uses "Leo" instead of "Lucas"
- Game uses "Bruno" instead of "Charlene"
- Game uses "Elmo" instead of "Diego"
- HUD elements are not displayed for players in free roam on Xbox
- There is no on-screen message while matchmaking for Horizon Open
- Car thumbnail image is missing for some cars
- Black headlights and car windows on multiple cars in thumbnails
- Unsharing a tune may not remove it from shared tunes
- Painter and Tuner rank are not increasing in the Creative Hub for some players
- Players are not getting the reward for completing car collections
- Most names are being used incorrectly in game in subtitles and voice over. (Some examples include: "Tom" instead of "Tobias, "Iker" instead of "Javier, "Jesus" instead of "Jorge", "Alexandro" instead of "Luis")
- Prompt option to view a Challenge is unusable, if the player does not have access to the Festival Playlist
- "M" for Meters is incorrectly translated in German
- Garage / Settings "Trouver des réglage" instead of "Trouver des réglages" in French
- "Tuneo" instead of "Melodias" in Spanish
- When changing name back to English from German the translation for names change
- Portuguese translation incorrect when leaving convoy
- "Tune" is translated incorrectly for Hungary
- "Allrounder" is mistyped on Tune share in German
- "Apollo" is called "Forza Motorsport 7" in Spanish
- Graphical Settings have reversed text in Spanish
- 2018 Apollo IE "HEISS Angebot" is incorrect translation in German
- Brazilian Portuguese team victory screen not translated correctly
- Connection disconnect mispelling in Spanish
- "Areas discovered" stat can increment more than 56 landmarks
- Horizon Arcade Mini Missions timer shows high number of hours
- If the Player does not meet any of the Photo Challenge requirements UI does not update to inform which requirements should be met
- My Designs shows wrong stats or stats as 0 for some players
- Incorrect translation for "New personal best time" in German
- User is asked to save changes in wheel control settings regardless of whether changes were made
- Input from the Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ V1.5 shifter is not registered
- Logitech G920 driving wheel no longer produces force feedback after suspending the title
- Forza LINK phrases are not being displayed when selecting them on Logitech G920's D-pad in events and in free roam
- Players using wheels are unable to navigate the controls mapping screen using the D-pad after creating a new custom profile
- There is no "Rev Engine" binding in the Upgrade Shop when using a wheel
- When using the Logitech G920 steering wheel on Xbox, button icons for prompts are not visible
- Players may experience recurring disconnects when using the Logitech G923 and Thrustmaster wheels
- Using Fanatec Wheels may cause the game to crash for some players.
- Xbox currently does not have a " sensitivity / wheel rotation angle" option
- Player car wheels continue to spin when entering La Casa Solariega Player House
- La Casa Solariega Player House may not give five Wheelspins when purchased
- Cars may get stuck under a ramp near Ek' Balam
- Horizon Adventure locations do not unlock properly if the player completes Expeditions in co-op. Players will need to go to the Expedition location and do it again alone
- The Rewind feature causes the Drivatars to start driving backward once the progress is resumed on several races
- Losing a Head-to-Head race during Rewind forces the player out of the Rewind and causes the car to be stuck in place with high speed
- Head-to-Head opponents may be listed as driving a D-Class car
- Some cars in Horizon Promo are not able to be accepted as being shot (examples: traffic cars, flatbed truck, monster truck)
- Unobtainable cars are present on the list (including story vehicles such as Alejandra's Flatbed Truck & Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Bone Shaker)
- Players may not get daily Wheelspins from Hotel Castillo
- Some players are not receiving loyalty rewards from various titles
- Players' dots on the map may appear to be driving a D-class car
- Wheels do not stay turned left or right in Photo Mode
- Player may not get both cars when two are shown in Wheelspins
- Wheelspin may not be granted on level up in free roam
- Player will lose car if they attempt to gift the Wheelspin car then back out of the gift menu
- Not completing co-op "Buggy and the Beast" Showdown can cause persistent cinematic black bars
- Players may experience infinite "Waiting for Players" screens after finishing the first stage of the co-op Baja Expedition
- Player fails Skill Chain progress when disconnected from the network or when car randomly stops
- Players who have a lot of photos may receive a "Too Many Saves" error message
- Car Pass cars say unreleased when they are already out
- Fast Travel may place players in wall near Cathedral Circuit
- Using the reset car option near the stadium can put the player in a bad location
- Traffic continuously spawns cars in some map locations
- Football / soccerball may duplicate when the Player hits the ball, leaves the stadium and returns to the center of the stadium
- Red smoke in Street Scene Races appears pixelated
- Traffic Cars are not present in Solo version of the Guanajuato Expedition
- Photos taken with HDR enabled appear black when viewed in the gallery
- Time of day keeps advancing when in photo mode
- Player may load into a different car than what they were last using last session
Xbox Series X|S
- No in-game audio after Quick Resume
- Quick Resume is not working on various scenarios
- Some players may see graphical corruption
- Title may crash during Barn Find cutscenes
- Cut-scenes lock to 30 FPS while user setting is set to "Unlocked Frame-Rate (Variable)"
- There are flickering water reflections on low-spec PC with AMD graphics card
- Car dials have a "white-ish" texture and are blurred when car is moving on AMD card with integrated Radeon graphics
- Upon changing hardware, the game doesn't ask you if you want to re-run the graphics setup.
- Capturing the video using Xbox Game Bar with Scaled display in Windows result in partially black recording
- Game window is partially obscured when launching in full-screen mode
- Turning off screen effects in the menu does not turn off chromatic aberration
- Chromatic aberration gets very extreme with ultra-wide resolutions
- User is not messaged to download media pack on Windows 10 and 11
- Tabbing out during launch will cause window to open cut off in bottom right of screen
- Some car elements have missing transparency on PC with AMD GPU
- Black appears on license plate letters and symbols while in free roam on Radeon graphics cards
- Horizontal stripes appear on road when SSAO is enabled
- Some graphics settings are not saved after closing the game
- Texture rendering issues on PC for terrain and vegetation when using Resolution Scaling On
- System memory usage is very high with AMD and NVIDIA GPUs, causing performance degradation
- If the player has selected maximum driving assists, they are unable to explore expeditions at full speed (or complete certain optional objectives)
- Mouse cursor is stuck on screen at all times
- Players are experiencing graphical issues, green / pink screen, and then crashing
- Players are experiencing a "pink-ish" hue on-screen when driving on Steam
- Players may be experiencing performance degradation after extended time playing due to memory issues
- Mouse cursor may disappear after some actions
- Stall when starting an Event, being challenged in The Eliminator, or leaving Player House
- Players are having to reinstall the full title when acquiring update
- Title screen not functional at 1440p with AMD
- Sport Brakes flickering with AMD
- Terrain Deformation not functioning with AMD
- Multicolor texture on the ground in Freeroam
- Colossus Event crashing at 30% mark when entering city
- Raytracing causes slow loading / lag in the upgrade menus
- Players are experiencing crashes when editing tunes / liveries while ray tracing is enabled
- Data Out Telemetry not working on Steam
Xbox Cloud Gaming
- Players may experience mouse control issues on the Replay screen
What is Forza Horizon 5?
Forza Horizon 5 is an epic open-world racing title from Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios, and is hands-down one of the biggest games released in 2021. With FH5, Playground has delivered its most ambitious game yet, with Forza Horizon 5 featuring a massive and highly diverse map, hundreds of cars and vehicles, and a nearly endless amount of content that will be constantly added upon after launch through the Forza Horizon 5 Festival Playlist and DLC expansions.
Forza Horizon 5 is an impressive title, and has earned its place at the top of our list of best Xbox racing games. In our Forza Horizon 5 review, we concluded that the latest entry in the long-running series is the "unchallenged champion of open-world racers."
If you want to learn more about FH5, be sure to check out our ultimate guide to Forza Horizon 5. It couldn't be easier to play. Forza Horizon 5 is now available for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Xbox Game Pass, and PC Game Pass.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
I only played for about an hour last night, and had no issues. That's one heck of a known issues list!!!
What a disastrous early access launch!! I still can't play the game on any of my PCs!!!!!!!!
Anybody getting flickering textures when they play? Can't tell if it's the game or my tv settings.... Also, I wish I could disable the accessibility readout when you load the game, it is jarring, and I don't need it...
There's a separate issue with the Treasure Map simply not working. As far as I can tell, it's primarily with people who purchased the premium edition and map on the Windows store. In the game, on the map, it says press Y to purchase the treasure map even though you already bought it. Pressing Y brings up the window trying to purchase it. It detects you already bought it and tells you that you need to download it. When you go to the treasure map in the Windows store it says it's already available in-game and the whole thing starts all over. The only ways I've heard of getting around this is to either fire up the game on an Xbox and trigger the map there or to sign into a different Microsoft account, purchase the map a 2nd time, and then switch back. It's super annoying.
Initially kept disconnecting XB controller on PC, now just crashes out when loading...
I got Game Pass for £1 for three months to test it out, hope they fix bugs before then :)
I can’t even get past the first scene where you launch out of the plane into the forza world. Would drive down the dirt road and it looks amazing, until the road and terrain around the road disappears and after a while of driving on literal nothing but the race line, the game freezes and then never comes back. Have reset the game numerous times and still does the same thing just at different times in the race. Literally cannot get past the intro🙄
I've fallen through the map after crashing into some rocks. Game reset itself though.
I cannot for the life of me get H5 to run in ultrawide. I’m playing on a ROG laptop that runs the game just fine on a 1080p/4K monitor. But I can’t get it to switch to full ultrawide unless I shut the lid on my laptop and make the ultrawide the only monitor it can display on. But then it runs at like 5fps.
Got 1 hour in of play time on the 5th. The rest of the time I was alt+tabbed looking for solutions to being disconnected. I have not connected to the game since the 5th. Glad I bought that early access. I've tried so much to get this to work i've probably broken 4 other things by making so many changes.
I'd like to add an issue I've been experiencing; Auto-Steering and Assisted Steering are causing my cars to brake when I turn. This has nothing to do with Assisted Braking I've thought the same thing. With Steering set to Auto-Steering or Assisted, if you set a route and either complete or remove the route. The car will begin to try and brake when I turn. With traction and stability control of the car wont really slow down but it wont accelerate either, with one of the two turned on it will slow down a bit. And with both of them on will slow the car down to a stop pretty fast.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.