The March update may have just rolled out to all Xbox One users, but that doesn't mean Microsoft is done charging forward with fixes for Xbox Insiders to test out. A new build is headed out this evening for Insiders on the Alpha ring, bringing along a handful of fixes for Cortana, the Movies & TV app and more. Here's a look at what's new.
- OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1704.170326-1700
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/29 (1:00AM GMT 30/3)
- Settings: Fixed an issue which prevented some users from adding a new payment method.
- Cortana: "Hey Cortana" should now function when searching for Store content.
- Movies & TV: Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause Movies & TV to crash to Home immediately after launch.
- Sign-In: Resolved an issue which prevented users from adding a new profile.
- Settings - Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
As a reminder, this is going out to Alpha ring Insiders only. If you're on the Beta ring, Xbox's Brad Rossetti noted on Twitter that the ETA for a Beta release is the middle of next week. For more on Xbox Insider Program releases, keep it locked to Windows Central.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Im on Alpha Ring and i have not received any update.
Why is it so hard for them to add the audio passthrough function to support Atmos.
Are you a progammer?
Yes I am. Are you?
Well go code your qwn Atmos passthrough and come tell us how easy it is... We await Oh great programmer one!!!!
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.