What you need to know
- The Xbox Games Showcase 2023 Extended offered new announcements, deep dives, and more on upcoming Xbox games.
- In a brief montage trailer, Xbox suddenly announced 10 new indie games heading to Xbox Game Pass in the future.
- The trailer includes games like The Wandering Village, Sea of Stars, Neon White, and much more.
- While the games themselves don't receive much fanfare in the trailer, it's still exciting to know they're all coming to Game Pass.
The Xbox Games Showcase 2023 may have been packed with exciting, high-energy announcements, but the Extended showcase that aired today was still home to some lovely surprises that didn't quite make the main show. Among them was the awfully short montage trailer revealing 10 new Xbox indie games coming to Xbox Game Pass in the future. You can check it out below.
Partnered with ID@Xbox, all 10 love these incredible-looking indie games are coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass at some point in the future. I wish each game had gotten the time in the spotlight it properly deserved, but I'm at least going to highlight each of those games for you here. Information is a little scarce on some of these games in regards to exact platforms and release dates, but I'll update this as I learn more.
Here are the 10 ID@Xbox indie games heading to Xbox Game Pass:
- The Bookwalker: Thief of Tales (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One) — June 22, 2023
- Techtonica (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Windows PC) — July 18, 2023
- The Wandering Village (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One) — July 20, 2023
- Sea of Stars (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One) — Aug. 29, 2023
- Mineko's Night Market (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One) — Oct. 26, 2023
- Galacticare (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Windows PC) — 2023
- Harold Halibut (Xbox) — Early 2024
- Little Kitty, Big City (Xbox) — Early 2024
- Another Crab's Treasure (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One) — 2024
- Neon White (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One) — Unknown release date
Need even more? The main Xbox Games Showcase 2023 event announced 20 games heading to Xbox Game Pass in 2023 and beyond, from first-party Xbox Game Studios, third-party partners, and more. Other games from Not-E3 are bound to have fallen through the cracks as well. It's an exciting time for indie games on Xbox, especially if you take full advantage of the sheer value of Xbox Game Pass. Many of these games, like The Wandering Village, Sea of Stars, and Neon White could become some of the best Xbox games of the year, let alone just on Xbox Game Pass.
I'm a little upset that Xbox made the announcements for these games so casual, but I'm more grateful that we're getting more wonderful, creative indie games on Xbox. I can't wait to begin playing some of these as they release on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass.
For all the latest information, be sure to bookmark Windows Central's Xbox Games Showcase 2023 live blog, which has been updated continually with many of the biggest announcements from Not-E3 this year.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.