Sea of Thieves had a rocky star at launch because it just didn't have a lot of content. Luckily, Rare added mini-campaigns and other features to the game which made it a treat to play. Today, the developer released another update which brings some long-awaited content and important bug fixes.
The Banjo-Kazooie-themed figurehead that costs only 1,998 gold needs to be picked up by everyone! Apart from that, the team is cracking down on cheaters. You can read about all the major additions and tweaks below.
We're in the final week of the latest Bilge Rat Adventure... It's your last chance to get all the Doubloons available if you want to ensure you have all the time-limited cosmetics in your inventory before they disappear from the shops. The Commendations and Titles will still be available after the event ends.. players will now be able to purchase a majestic Bear & Bird Figurehead for a very fitting price of 1,998 gold! This figurehead is only available during the month of July... This week we've banned a number of players who we've been able to confirm have been cheating... We will continue enforcing a zero tolerance policy to this behavior and taking regular action against any players who are found to be cheating.
- Upon impact, cannonballs now apply a rocking effect to ships.
- Titles no longer remain in the shop when purchased, reducing the amount of clutter in shops.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Multiple Megalodons will no longer spawn in the same zone.
- There is no longer an invisible rock in Thieves' Haven.
- There is no longer a wall on Plunder Valley that players can clip through to see outside the map.
- Effects for lighting a gunpowder barrel now correctly appear.
- Resource barrels on ships will no longer periodically restock if they are below the default level.
- Certain Commendations may not unlock.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons have not been correctly rewarded to a number of players.
- The Hungering Deep rewards were not received by a number of players.
It's great to see Rare aggressively supporting this game. Hopefully it'll get even more content in the future which brings players back.
For those unfamiliar with the title, Sea of Thieves is an exploration-based pirate game which launched on March 20, 2018. Rare is known for many famous franchises including Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and GoldenEye. However, in recent years, the team focused on developing Kinect games for Xbox One and Xbox 360. This was a curious decision, so when Phil Spencer became Head of Xbox in 2014, he assigned Rare a new project. Sea of Thieves is a shift for the developer and a concept the team hasn't tackled before.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.