What you need to know
- 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two is the next major update for Minecraft, and it's releasing on Nov. 30, 2021.
- Mojang Studios is working hard to ensure the update is as stable as possible, with a maelstrom of new betas and snapshots.
- Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Pre-Release 7 is the latest bug-fixing snapshot, and is now available to testers with a handful of improvements.
1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two is now just a week away, but that doesn't mean work is done for the team at Mojang Studios. The studio is releasing a steady stream of snapshots and betas aimed at polishing the major content update ahead of its release on Nov. 30, recently manifesting as Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Pre-Release 7, which is now available.
Pre-Release 7 comes hot on the heels of Pre-Release 6, which was released on Monday with a sizeable number of fixes. Now, its successor builds on that foundation with a small handful of additional improvements. 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two is absolutely feature complete at this point, so players shouldn't expect any other major changes between now and launch.
Minecraft is already the greatest game ever made, numbered among the best PC games of all time. The upcoming content update promises to cement this even further with tons of new features for players to explore.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Pre-Release 7 includes:
- The numbers of features in cave biomes have been increased somewhat again
- Azalea trees can generate in more than two blocks of water
- Server can't generate amplified / large biomes worlds from scratch
- Render Distance 13 at the world border causes excessive lag
- Dirt part of the Dirt Path texture is one pixel too low
- When optimizing 1.17 world in 1.18, old "Level" Compound is not deleted, resulting in increased world size
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.