What you need to know
- Windows 10 Team 2020 Update 1 is now available for Surface Hub devices.
- The update is available for both first-generation Surface Hubs and the Surface Hub 2S.
- The update brings the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge to Surface Hubs.
Microsoft recently started rolling out Windows 10 team 2020 Update 1 for Surface Hub devices. The update is based on Windows 10 version 20H2. It's available on both the original Surface Hub (55-inch and 84-inch models) and the Surface Hub 2S (50-inch and 85-inch models). Devices will receive the update automatically, usually as part of nightly maintenance cycles.
The update includes some UI improvements and some changes to the background image, but the biggest addition is the new Microsoft Edge. Like its counterpart on Windows 10 (and Windows 11), the version of Edge that ships with this Surface Hub update is based on Chromium.
Here's everything that Microsoft highlights from the update:
New Microsoft Edge
- This update replaces the default browser on Surface Hub with the new Microsoft Edge. With this, customers on Surface Hub get the same world class browsing experience that Edge provides on Windows 10 PCs.
UI improvements: Steady State Background image
- The Welcome screen's background image will also function as the home screen's background image to keep the aesthetics consistent until an app is invoked.
A Microsoft doc details everything that's new in the update, including improvements to deployment and manageability, inking, Microsoft Teams, and more.
This update allows people to collaborate on the Surface Hub 2S with two Surface Hub 2 Pens, but a future firmware update is required to utilize the new functionality.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.