In what has become a nearly daily release cadence, a fresh update is set to roll out to Xbox One Insiders in the Alpha release ring this evening. As has been the norm with recent releases, this update doesn't contain any new features of note. That said, there are some fixes for nagging issues, as well as a couple of known issues still lingering around to be aware of.
Here's a look at what's new.
- OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170321-1800
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/23 (1:00AM GMT 24/3)
- In-Game Purchases: Fixed an issue which prevented users from purchasing in-game content in certain games (including Overwatch and Destiny). NOTE: This fix was applied on 3/22/17 and should now be resolved for all affected users (you do not need to download the latest system update to resolve this).
- Skate 3: Skate 3 should no longer crash to Home after attempting to join a Quick Match.
- Sign-In: Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent users from signing-in.
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Settings - Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
For more, keep it locked to Windows Central for updates on the Xbox Insider Program.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
This is amazing. The level of consistent patching/fixes, it's a joy to be in the Alpha Ring.
I must agree!
I don't. I've been waiting for the wireless display app to be fixed for two months now.
I don't know that it ever will be fixed. It was only ever available through the preview program, and I'm pretty certain the only way to get it now is to already have it installed, it's not in the store or in the preview dashboard anymore.
more updates the better. eventually it will be done.
How do you join the program?
Install the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox and launch it.
Bear in mind that you'll need to work your way up to the alpha ring.
But the hardly send insider quest it's impossible been in ring 4 since December hardly any content on hub constantly sending feedback
well my box has been working better lately. they must have been doing some great work over there. keep it comming :D
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.