We're in the middle of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere. So this week we're going to capture it with our Windows Phones for the weekly photo contest.
Winner from last week
We had a ton of good entries into last week's curves contest, but I had to settle on the one I liked the most. Thanks to all who entered, you're all very talented! Head to the forums to check out all the other entries. This week's winner is...
Congrats to R0VIN for his winning picture of a speaker case. He shot it with his HTC Radar (!!!) and edited the photo inside Fantasia and Fhotoroom.
Autumn starts in late September and ends with the winter solstice in December. To celebrate, head out and capture autumn as best you can. Let's see those carved pumpkins, golden leaves and anything else that reminds you of this season. No autumn near you? You can still capture something that is the essence of autumn. Get creative!
Up above is a picture of my local pumpkin patch. I captured it around sunset with the Lumia 1520 and played around with the curves in Photoshop.
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (November 11) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Phone Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
- Windows Phone Central – Photo Contests
- Weekly photo contest: Autumn
Good luck and have fun!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.