Welcome to our latest Windows Central Photo Contest. This week's competition focuses on water and ice! Whether you're hitting the beach in Australia or snapping icicles in the UK, we want to see your photographs for a chance to win an official Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, perfect for use with Continuum on the Lumia 950 and 950 XL!
Your entry must be taken on a Windows Phone, and follow the water and ice theme. It can be photos of waterfalls, macro shots of water droplets, the ocean, or even a strikingly reflective puddle on the sidewalk. Be as creative as possible and you could find yourself the proud owner of a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter!
If you enjoy our contests, know that we've set up a dedicated board in the Windows Central forums to keep our photo contests in one location. You should bookmark this page so that you never miss a contest:
Windows Central Forums - Photo Contests
Here are the rules for this week's contest:
- You must use a Windows Phone to take your picture.
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture and any photo editing software or apps you might have used. Altering your pictures is fine, be creative!
- Please add a short paragraph describing your photograph, we want to know how your picture came to be! If you have an Instagram feed or any other photography portfolio profile, feel free to link those for the community as well.
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central so that we can contact the winner.
- We'll only accept ONE entry per person.
- You must upload your picture to the contest forum thread. If you want to upload your photos directly from your phone, you can use the Tapatalk app to connect with our forums on your mobile device. To find out how to do that, head over to here.
Prize - Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
Whether you're ﬁring up Netﬂix for movie night or sharing photos from your last trip, the Wireless Display Adapter makes it easy to share. Just plug in the adapter, pair your devices, and you're ready to send all of your multimedia content from your phone, tablet or laptop to the big screen—all wirelessly.
- Dimensions: Adapter: 8.79 x 2.01 x 0.99 centimetres / Cable length: 33.27 centimetres / HDMI extension cable: 18.01 centimetres
- Weight: 0.03 kilograms
- Connector type: HDMI (powered through USB)
- Compatibility: All Miracast-enabled Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 devices, including Surface 2, Surface Pro, Pro 2 and Pro 3, and Miracast-enabled Android devices 4.2.1 and later (full functionality not available with non-HDCP devices).
- Supported platforms: X86, X64 and ARM, with Windows 8.1 / 10+ operating system
- Features: Audio and video receiver / Pairing with multiple devices (not simultaneously) / LPCM Audio format support
- RF Range: Up to 6.98 metres
We'll pick a winner on December 12th, 2015 at 11:00 PM BST / 6:00 PM PST. Winners will be announced in a blog post following the contest. Submit your entries using the forum thread below, and good luck!
May the best lens win!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Buy one of these gaming PCs to play Microsoft Flight Simulator
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a demanding game and it needs quite the PC to run it comfortably. If you don't have a PC yet dedicated to gaming, you'll want to pick from one of these to really bring the cockpit to life.