G'day folks, it's that time of the week where the British spider returns (the little devil!) - it's wpcentral's summary of the week. The past seven days have been primarily focused around the aggravating build-up to the Verizon Trophy release date. More rumours have flown around than any celebrity magazine could handle, but we're almost there!
First off, the official wpcentral app has been announced! So keep an eye out for it on the Marketplace and check out the announcement for more information. We've also kick-started our newest weekly feature - developer interviews! Jay Bennett has provided us with the honour in being our first interviewee, read up on the interview.
Samsung Omnia 7 owners have rejoiced with not only leaked NoDo firmware, but Microsoft have re-enabled the updates for this particular handset. No word on the Focus still as of yet. Meanwhile, over at the HTC labs, the HD7S will be available on June 5th for $199 on AT&T and rumours have been circling surrounding the mystery 16MP device featured in an advert, which we covered a while back. Word is that the handset featured in that advert is actually the HTC Bresson and is apparently heading for Mango with beefed-up specifications. Oh, and Nokia still dislikes Qualcomm.
We've seen some more coverage in features coming up in Windows Phone 7.5, most notably; Lync, threaded & pinned email, SmartDJ and disabling that awful camera shutter sound - good stuff. Speaking of Mangos, the media have been receiving them as invitations to the Mango preview event, which is in two days.
Gaming on WP7 has seen a positive push this week with Hydro Thunder being available early next week followed by a line-up of incredibly popular titles including Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I. PayPal has made it's way onto the Xbox 360 system, which is a highly requested payment gateway for WP7 Marketplace, will it come to the platform anytime soon? Once you've had enough of playing Pac-Man Championship for a solid few hours, you can retire and apply the L.A. Noire wallpaper and theme to your device.
Developers! We recently covered how you can receive free advertising for your applications and/or games with certain events managed by Microsoft that provide you with free advert impressions as well as one years worth of AppHub subscription. Keep an eye out for our feed when we cover the next opportunity.
Head on past the break for our highlights.
- Announcing the Official WPCentral app for Windows Phone 7
- HTC Trophy on Verizon finally official: $149.99 on May 26th
- SuperTube with 720P streaming hits v1.5, keeps getting better
- Samsung Omnia 7 updates back on
- Hydro Thunder Go coming on May 25. Full 6 Weeks of Must-Have Games schedule revealed
- Developer Interview: Jay Bennett
- L.A. Noire wallpaper and theme for Windows Phone
- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is now champion of the Marketplace
- PayPal payments come to Xbox 360. Can Windows Phone be far behind?
- More WP 7.5 features: Lync, Threaded and pinned email
- More Windows Phone 7.5 features: SmartDJ & disable camera sound
- 10 Paramount titles coming to Marketplace as Silverlight Enhanced Movies
- Samsung release Omnia 7 patch
- 16MP HTC Bresson Windows Phone for T-Mobile?
- AT&T HD7S available June 5th for $199
- HTC Arrive for a penny at AmazonWireless [New customers]
- Nokia's Windows Phones to sport dual-core ST-Ericsson U8500
- Organise your start screen live tiles [How To]
- Windows Phone shows up on TV's 'Castle'...again
- Microsoft sending the media Mangos [Humor]
- Get free advertising for an app [Developers]
- AdDuplex gives app monetization option [Developers]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Your Xbox questions answered with #AskJezXbox!
Check out our new video series #AskJezXbox, which takes your questions and comments and puts
SecretLab Titan World of Warcraft Chair Review: Embracing the Horde
SecretLab's refreshed 2020 Series Titan chairs are among the best you can buy. What would happen if you threw in some intricate World of Warcraft iconography? The answer: something special.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
These external monitors go perfectly with the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is an excellent laptop, but what if you want to project the display onto a larger screen? You'll need an external monitor for that. Here are our favorite options.