Xbox Insiders in Ring 3 and Beta are also getting an update today, here's what's new
Users in the Xbox One's Alpha ring aren't the only ones at the update party today.
While Xbox Alpha ring members are getting custom gamerpics and other features today, users in Ring 3 and the Beta ring are also getting some patch love.
This update contains fixes and other improvements, but it will also bring the entirety of Ring 3 into the fold. Previously, only a subset of Ring 3 was receiving builds. Here's what's changed.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170321-1800
Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/24 (1:00AM GMT 25/3)
- Skate 3 should no longer crash to Home after attempting to join a Quick Match.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent users from signing-in.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
As always, keep it locked to Windows Central for all the latest from the Xbox Insider Program.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Edit: Obviously, i know this says that the app crashes immediately so it'd be of no use right now, but I assume at some point it'll be fixed.
Thanks for clearing that up.