The weekly photo contest is back with a new theme and a new week to show off your best work. This time around we're asking to see your best efforts with filters. Those weird and wonderful effects that helped make Instagram so popular can be a great way to simply and effectively make your photos take on a whole new life.
Like the shot up top. I took this relatively pleasant, if somewhat uninteresting scene while catching 5 minutes after a press conference at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. But with a little goofing around in Camera 360 Sight it became (or so I think, at least) something worth keeping. So, as ever, read on for the full rundown on this weeks contest and to see who won last week's!
Last week's winner: mudrilaci
Taken on a Lumia 735 this image from mudrilaci has some great movement without the car even moving! Fantastic shot and well done!
Rules for this week's contest
Rules are going to be just like last week:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums
We've got a great walkthrough on how to do just that!
Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Saturday night (April 4) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
Good luck and have fun!