Activision Blizzard saw $1.95 billion in revenue for Q3 2020, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has better first-year sales than any prior game
Call of Duty printer go brrrrrr.
What you need to know
- Activision Blizzard has posted its financial results for Q3 2020.
- The company saw $1.95 billion in revenue for the quarter.
- Activision Blizzard also confirmed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has stronger first-year sales than any prior Call of Duty game.
Activision Blizzard's Q3 2020 results are in, with $1.95 billion in revenue for the quarter ending September 30, 2020. The company also noted that 2019's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has sold more in its first year than any prior Call of Duty game, with two-thirds of sales being digital copies.
Overwatch has 10 million monthly active users, while its sequel Overwatch 2 still lacks a release window, as does Diablo 4, another major upcoming Blizzard Entertainment title.
Looking ahead, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is the next entry in the long-running franchise and is set to release on November 13 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, PS5 and PS4. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is set to release on November 23 and has stronger pre-sales than any prior World of Warcraft expansion.
Standard or cross-gen
Cold War era
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War takes players to the 1980s with a thriller-esque campaign at the height of tension between superpowers. You can get the standard edition of the game, while the cross-gen version is $70 and includes the digital Xbox Series X version of the game. The ultimate edition includes the cross-gen version and extra digital goodies.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.