Diablo 4: Sorceress skill tree, all attacks and abilities
Sorceresses wield fire, lightning, and ice to devastating effect in Diablo 4.
If you want to unleash elemental chaos in a fantastic display of power in the latest entry in the Diablo franchise, the Sorceress is the way to go.
In Diablo 4, the Sorceress is one of the five classes that will be included at launch. The Sorceress can use powerful elemental magic, shocking foes by the dozen, or summoning flame to cleanse an entire area.
In this guide, I've assembled the Sorceress skills and talent tree, with key information on the kinds of abilities you can bring to the fore if this elemental magic user feels like your style. Bear in mind, Diablo 4 will receive updates over time, so this information is definitely subject to change if skills change drastically at any point after the game's launch, though I'll definitely be looking to make sure this guide is staying up-to-date.
If you haven't yet grabbed your copy of the game, you can snag a Diablo 4 preorder today, with different extras based on just what you need.
The standard version of the game. You're not getting as many extras, but you also won't be spending as much money. Preorder quickly and you can test out the Sorceress in the Open Beta.
Buy from: Amazon | Xbox | Best Buy| Battle.net (PC)
Have a spare ready
Diablo games involve a LOT of clicking, so it might be a good idea to have a spare mouse ready if you're playing on PC. You'll want to be comfy over long gaming sessions, and that's where the Razer DeathAdder Essential shines.
Diablo 4 Sorceress skills
In Diablo 4, the Sorceress' skills are divided into Basic Skills, Core Skills, Defensive Skills, Conjuration Skills, Mastery Skills, Ultimate Skills, and Key Passives. It's extremely important to note that while you can mostly unlock as many skills as you want, mixing and matching different combinations, you can only choose one Ultimate Attack and one Key Passive.
At any time, you may reset your skills, which encourages experimentation as you figure out what is right for you. This is free to do up to Level 15. After that, it starts to cost Gold, and the cost goes up the higher your rank, meaning that you're more encouraged to stay your current path the farther into the game you get.
Like the other classes, The Sorceress has a level cap of 100. Please note that in the following skills, we've left out the exact damage values of skills, as these are not static but instead subject to numerous modifiers such as your armor, weapons, gems, and much more.
It's also important to note that unless explicitly otherwise noted, the first "node" of each Skill can be upgraded four times after being unlocked, with additional upgrades increasing the general damage, protection, duration, or cooldowns offered by an ability. For every skill with five levels, it's important to remember that at the final branch of that skill's tree, you'll have to choose between one of two upgrades; you can't get both of the final upgrades for a skill.
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Basic Skills
Arc Lash: Unleash arcing lightning that deals damage to enemies in front of you. Every 10 times that Arc Lash swipes, it Stuns all enemies hit for 2.08 seconds.
- Enhanced Arc Lash: If Arc Lash's initial swipe Critically Strikes, it swipes an additional time.
- Flickering Arc Lash: Gain Movement Speed for a few seconds per enemy hit with Arc Lash, up to 18%.
- Glinting Arc Lash: Hitting a Stunned Enemy with Arc Lash reduces your Cooldowns by fractions of a second.
Fire Bolt: Hurl a flaming bolt, dealing damage and Burning for damage over 8 seconds.
- Enhanced Fire Bolt: Fire Bolt pierces through Burning Enemies.
- Flickering Fire Bolt: Critical Strikes with Fire Bolt increase the Burning damage you deal to the enemy by 20% for 4 seconds.
- Glinting Fire Bolt: Fire Bolt generates 2 Mana when hitting a Burning enemy.
Frost Bolt: Throw a bolt of frost at an enemy, dealing damage and Chilling them. (Chilled enemies have reduced movement speed. Repeatedly chilling an enemy will Freeze it.)
- Enhanced Frost Bolt: Frost Bolt has a 15% chance to explode on Chilled enemies, hitting surrounding enemies. Chance increased to 100% against Frozen enemies. (Frozen enemies cannot move or attack. Enemies can be Frozen by repeatedly Chilling them)
- Flickering Frost Bolt: Frost Bolt makes Frozen Enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds. (Vulnerable enemies take 20% increased damage)
- Glinting Frost Bolt: Frost Bolt generates 4 Mana when hitting Chilled or Frozen enemies.
Spark: Launch a bolt of lightning that shocks an enemy 4 times, dealing damage each time.
- Enhanced Spark: Each time Spark hits its primary target, it has a 20% chance to hit up to 3 additional enemies, dealing damage. If there are no other enemies to hit, Spark instead deals 20% increased damage to its primary target.
- Flickering Spark: Each time Spark hits an enemy it has a 3% chance to form a Crackling Energy.
- Glinting Spark: Spark grants 2% increased Critical Strike Chance per cast for 3 seconds, up to 10%.
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Core Skills
Chain Lightning: Unleash a stream of lightning that deals damage and chains between nearby enemies and you up to 6 times, prioritizing enemies.
- Enhanced Chain Lightning: Chain Lightning gains a 3% increased Critical Strike Chance per bounce.
- Destructive Chain Lighting: When Chain Lightning Critically Strikes, it has a 25% chance to form a Crackling Energy.
- Greater Chain Lightning: If Chain Lightning bounces off of you, its next hit deals 25% increased damage.
Charged Bolts: Release 5 bolts of lightning that course along the ground in an erratic pattern, dealing damage each.
- Enhanced Charged Bolts: Hitting an enemy at least 3 times with the same cast of Charged Bolts releases a lightning nova, dealing damage to enemies around them.
- Destructive Charged Bolts: Hitting an enemy with Charged Bolts reduces their damage dealt by 20% for 3 seconds.
- Greater Charged Bolts: Charged Bolts deals 25% increased damage to Stunned enemies.
Devastation: You Maximum Mana is increased by 3. (3 levels, to a maximum of 9 Mana increase.)
- Elemental Dominance: You Core Skills deal 4% increased damage when cast above 50 Mana.
Fireball: Hurl an exploding ball of fire, dealing damage to surrounding enemies.
- Enhanced Fireball: Fireball's radius is increased based on distance traveled, up to 50%.
- Destructive Fireball: Fireball's explosion's Critical Strike Damage is increased by 10%. Each enemy it hits increases this bonus by 5%, up to 25% total.
- Greater Fireball: Fireball deals 10% of the Burning damage you've applies to enemies as additional direct damage.
Frozen Orb: Unleash an orb that Chills for 34% and expels piercing shards, dealing damage. Upon expiration, Frozen Orb explodes, dealing damage and Chilling enemies for 9%.
- Enhanced Frozen Orb: When cast above 50 Mana, Frozen Orb's explosion damage is increased by 30%.
- Destructive Frozen Orb: Frozen Orb's explosion restores 5 Mana when hitting a Frozen enemy.
- Greater Frozen Orb: Frozen Orb's explosion has a 25% chance to make all enemies hit Vulnerable for 2 seconds. Frozen Orb always makes Frozen enemies Vulnerable.
Ice Shards: Launch 5 shards that deal damage each. Deals 25% increased damage to Frozen enemies.
- Enhanced Ice Shards: Ice Shads have a 15% chance to ricochet to another enemy. Ice Shards always ricochet off of Frozen enemies.
- Destructive Ice Shards: Hitting an enemy with 5 Ice Shards in a single cast makes them Vulnerable for 2 seconds.
- Greater Ice Shards: When you have a Barrier active, casts of Ice Shards treat enemies as if they were Frozen.
Incinerate: Channel a beam of fire, burning enemies for damage per second. Damage per second increases over 4 seconds, up to 170.
- Enhanced Incinerate: While channeling Incinerate, you Burn enemies around you for 15% of the damage per second.
- Destructive Incinerate: Enemies deal 20% less damage while Burning from Incinerate.
- Greater Incinerate: Every 4 seconds an enemy has been hit by Incinerate, they are immobilized for 1 second.
Potent Warding: After casting a non-Basic Skill, you gain 2% Resistance to all elements and 1% Resistance to that Skill's element for 3 seconds. (3 Levels)
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Defensive Skills
Elemental Attunement: Critical Strikes have a 5% chance to reset the Cooldown of your Defensive Skills. Can only happen once every 10 seconds. (3 Levels)
Flame Shield: Engulf yourself in flames for 2 seconds, burning nearby enemies for damage per second. While Flame Shield is active, you are Immune. (Immune characters cannot be damaged, and all negative effects are removed and prevented.)
- Enhanced Flame Shield: Flame Shield grants 25% Movement Speed while active.
- Mystical Flame Shield: You gain 25% Mana Cost Reduction while Flame Shield is active.
- Shimmering Flame Shield: Flame Shield heals you for 50% of your missing Life.
Frost Nova: Unleash a torrent of frost, Freezing enemies around you for 2.08 seconds.
- Enhanced Frost Nova: Killing enemies Frozen by Frost Nova reduces its Cooldown by 2 seconds, up to 6 seconds per cast.
- Mystical Frost Nova: Frost Nova makes enemies Vulnerable for 4 seconds, increased to 8 seconds against Bosses.
- Shimmering Frost Nova: Frost Nova generates 4 Mana per enemy hit.
Glass Cannon: You deal 6% increased damage, but take 3% more damage. (3 Levels)
Ice Armor: A Barrier of ice forms around you for 6 seconds, absorbing 33% of you Base Life in damage. While Ice Armor is active, 10% of your damage dealt is added to its Barrier.
- Enhanced Ice Armor: While Ice Armor is active, your Mana Regeneration is increased by 25%.
- Mystical Ice Armor: Damage dealt against Vulnerable enemies contributes 100% more to Ice Armor's Barrier.
- Shimmering Ice Armor: Enemies that hit you while Ice Armor is active have a 15% chance to become Frozen for 3.13 seconds.
Teleport: Transform into lightning, becoming Unstoppable and surging to the target location, dealing damage around you upon arrival. (Unstoppable characters have all Control Impairing Effects removed and prevented)
- Enhanced Teleport: Teleport's Cooldown is decreased by 0.5 seconds per enemy hit, up to 3 seconds.
- Mystical Teleport: For 4 seconds after Teleporting, Crackling Energy hits 2 additional enemies.
- Shimmering Teleport: After Teleporting, you gain 30% Damage Reduction for 5 seconds.
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Conjuration Skills
Align the Elements: You gain 5% Damage Reduction against Elites for each second you haven't taken damage from one, up to 50%. (3 levels)
- Mana Shield: Every time you spend 100 Mana, you gain 5% Damage Reduction for 5 seconds.
- Protection: Using a Cooldown grants 10% of your Maximum Life as a Barrier for 5 seconds.
Conjuration Mastery: You deal 1% increased damage for each active Conjuration.
Hydra: Summon a 3-headed Hydra for 12 seconds. Each head spits fire at enemies, dealing damage.
- Enhanced Hydra: While Healthy, your casts of Hydra gain 1 additional head. (Healthy characters have more than 80% of their Life.)
- Invoked Hydra: After you Critically Strike, your Hydras gain 30% Critical Strike Chance for 3 seconds.
- Summoned Hydra: Hydra also Burns enemies for an additional 12% of its Base damage dealt over 6 seconds.
Ice Blades: Conjure a pair of ice baldes for 6 seconds that rapidly slash enemies for damage and have a 30% chance to make them Vulnerable for 2 seconds.
- Enhanced Ice Blades: Ice Blades' Cooldown is reduced by 1 second each time it hits a Vulnerable enemy.
- Invoked Ice Blades: Your Ice Blades gain 10% increased Attack Speed per active Ice Blades.
- Summoned Ice Blades: 50% of Enhanced Ice Blades' Cooldown reduction is applied to your other Skills.
Lightning Spear: Conjure a spear of lightning that seeks out enemies from 6 seconds, dealing damage per hit.
- Enhanced Lightning Spear: After Critically Striking, Lightning Spear gains a 5% increased stacking Critical Strike Chance for its duration.
- Invoked Lightning Spear: Lightning Spear Stuns enemies for 2.08 seconds when Critically Striking.
- Summoned Lightning Spear: Collecting Crackling Energy increases the damage of your next Lightning Spear cast by 20%, up to 100%.
Precision Magic: Your Lucky Hit Chance is increased by 5%. (3 Levels)
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Mastery Skills
Ball Lightning: Discharge a ball of lightning that slowly moves forward, continually zapping enemies for 64 damage
- Enhanced Ball Lightning: Ball Lightning's damage rate is increased by 200% of your Attack Speed Bonus.
- Mage's Ball Lightning: After hitting Close enemies 50 times with Ball Lightning, your next cast of it Stuns enemies hit for 1.03 seconds.
- Wizard's Ball Lightning: If an enemy is hit at least 4 times by a cast of Ball Lightning, a Crackling Energy is formed. Can only happen once per cast.
Blizzard: Summon a frigid blizzard that deals damage and continually Chills enemies for 18% over 8 seconds.
- Enhanced Blizzard: Blizzard deals 25% increased damage to Frozen enemies.
- Mage's Blizzard: When cast above 50 Mana, Blizzard's duration is increased by 4 seconds.
- Wizard's Blizzard: While you have an active Blizzard, your Core Skills cost 10% less Mana.
Firewall: Create a wall of flames that Burns enemies for damage over 8 seconds.
- Enhanced Firewall: Enemies take 25% increased Burning damage from you while standing in Firewall.
- Mage's Firewall: Enemies continue Burning for 3 seconds after leaving Firewall.
- Wizard's Firewall: You gain 5% increased Mana Regeneration per active Firewall, up to 25%.
Icy Veil: Your Barriers have a 5% increased duration. (3 Levels)
- Cold Front: While you have a Barrier active, you apply 8% more Chill.
- Snap Freeze: Frost Skills have a 3% chance to instantly Freeze. (3 Levels)
Inner Flames: Your Pyromancy Skills deal 3% increased damage while you are Healthy. (3 levels)
- Crippling Flames: Your Pyromancy Skills have a 5% chance to Immobilize enemies for 2 seconds. This chance is doubled while you are Healthy. (3 Levels)
- Devouring Blaze: You deal 10% increased Critical Strike Damage against Burning enemies. If they are also Immobilized, this bonus is increased to 25%.
Meteor: Summon a meteor that strikes the target location, dealing damage and Burning the ground for damage over 3 seconds.
- Enhanced Meteor: If a cast of Meteor hits 3 or more enemies, there is a 30% chance an additional Meteor falls on the same location.
- Mage's Meteor: Meteor falls 30% faster.
- Wizard's Meteor: Meteor's impact Immobilizes enemies for 2.08 seconds.
Static Discharge: Critical Strikes with Shock Skills have up to a 5% chance to form a Crackling Energy. (3 levels)
- Invigorating Conduit: Upon absorbing Crackling Energy, you gain 4 Mana. (3 levels)
- Shocking Impact: Every time you Stun an enemy, you deal Lightning damage to them. (3 levels)
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Ultimate Skills
Coursing Currents: Hitting enemies with Shock Skills increases your Critical Strike Chance by 1%. Resets upon getting a Critical Strike (3 levels)
- Conduction: Critical Strikes with Shock Skills increase your Movement Speed by 3% for 3 seconds. (3 Levels)
- Electrocution: Enemies deal 5% less damage for 5.22 seconds after being Critically Struck by your Shock Skills. (3 Levels)
- Convulsions: Shock Skills have a 3% chance to Stun enemies for 3 seconds. (3 Levels)
Deep Freeze: Encase yourself in ice, becoming Immune for 4 seconds, continually dealing damage and Chilling enemies for 20%. When Deep Freeze expires, it deals additional damage. Casting Deep Freeze again ends the effect early.
- Prime Deep Freeze: When Deep Freeze ends, gain 10% of your Base Life as a Barrier for 6 seconds for each enemy you froze while it was active.
- Supreme Deep Freeze: When Deep Freeze ends, your non-Ultimate Cooldowns are reduced by 50%.
Fiery Surge: Killing a Burning enemy increases your Mana Regeneration by 10% for 3 seconds. (3 Levels)
- Endless Pyre: You deal increased Burning damage to enemies for each second they remain Burning, up to 5% after 5 seconds. (3 Levels)
- Soulfire: After standing still for 1.5 seconds, your Pyromancy Skills cost 5% less Mana. (3 Levels)
- Warmth: Every 1 second, you Heal for 0.3% of your Maximum Life for each Nearby Burning enemy. Healing increased to 0.6% for Bosses.
Inferno: Summon a fiery serpent that continually constricts the target area, Burning enemies for damage over 8 seconds.
- Prime Inferno: Inferno repeatedly Pulls enemies to its center.
- Supreme Inferno: While Inferno is active, your Pyromancy Skills cost no Mana.
Permafrost: Frost Skills deal 5% increased damage to Elites. (3 Levels)
- Hoarfrost: You deal 3% increased damage to Chilled enemies, and 6% increased damage to Frozen enemies. (3 Levels)
- Icy Touch: You deal 4% increased Cold Damage to Vulnerable enemies. (3 Levels)
- Frigid Breeze: Cold Damage against Vulnerable enemies has a 20% chance to generate 5 Mana.
Unstable Currents: Lightning surges within you for 10 seconds. Whenever you cast a Shock Skill, a random Core, Conjuration, or Mastery Shock Skill is also cast.
- Prime Unstable Currents: Unstable Currents increases your Attack Speed by 25% while active.
- Supreme Unstable Currents: While Unstable Currents is active, Crackling Energy continually pulses and consumes no charges.
Diablo 4 Sorceress skill tree: Key Passives
Avalanche: Your Frost Skills have up to a 10% chance to make your next cast of Ice Shards, Frozen Orb, or Blizzard consume no Mana and deal 40% increased damage. Chance is doubled against Vulnerable enemies.
Combustion: Your Burning effects deal 2% increased damage per unique source of Burning you have applied to the enemy. If the enemy is Burning from 3 or more sources, this bonus is doubled.
Esu's Ferocity: Your Fire Critical Strike Damage is increased by 25% against enemies above 50% Life. Your Fire Critical Strike Chance is increased by 5% against enemies below 50% Life. Killing an enemy with a Critical Strike grants both bonuses against all enemies for 3 seconds.
Overflowing Energy: Crackling Energy hits 1 additional enemy. Each time Crackling Energy hits an enemy, your Shock Skill Cooldowns are reduced by 0.1 seconds, increased to 0.25 seconds against Elites.
Shatter: After Freeze expires, enemies explode for 25% of the damage you dealt to them while frozen.
Vyr's Mastery: Close enemies take 10% increased damage from your Shock Skills and deal 20% less damage to you. Critical Strikes increase these bonuses by 25% for 3 seconds.
Other classes await
We'll be sure to provide updates if anything changes and are making guides for all five of Diablo 4's classes. If you're not interested in playing the Sorceress, check out the skill trees for the other classes in the box pinned closer to the top of this article.
While it could end up being one of the best PC games available, Diablo 4 has had a long journey to the point where it's finally getting into players' hands.
Diablo 4 is slated to launch on June 2, 2023 across Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, PS5, and PS4. Diablo 4 supports full cross-play and cross-progression, so you can band together and play with your friends no matter what systems everybody is using. If you're grabbing it on PC, consider picking up one of the best gaming laptops to ensure you have a smooth experience.
The standard version of Diablo 4 is likely what most players will want. Jump in and build a Sorceress (or another class) to save Sanctuary from the re-emergence of Lilith.
Buy from: Amazon | Xbox | Best Buy| Battle.net (PC)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.