In Diablo 4, the Sorceress is one of the three classes that has been revealed. The Sorceress can use powerful elemental magic, shocking foes by the dozen, or summoning flame to cleanse an entire area. In this guide, we've assembled the Sorceress skills and talent tree. Bear in mind, Diablo 4 is far from finished, so this information is definitely subject to change. If you'd like a breakdown of how the skill tree and talents work in Diablo 4, you can check our guide on the Diablo skill system.
Diablo 4 Sorceress Skills
Basic attacks (Minor Destruction)
- Lightning: Launch a bolt of lightning that deals 30-37 and bounces to nearby enemies, dealing 30% less to each enemy hit.
- Fire Bolt: Hurl a flaming bolt, dealing 33-40 and burning nearby enemies for 47 over 8 seconds.
- Frost Bolt: Throw a bolt of frost an enemy, dealing 265-324 and Chilling them. Chilled enemies have reduced movement speed. Repeatedly chilling an enemy will Freeze it.
- Arc Lash: Unleash arcing lightning that shocks enemies in front of you for 28-34 and then returns to you, restoring 10 mana.
- Charged Bolts: Release 6 bolts of lightning that course along the ground in an erratic pattern, dealing 36-45 each.
- Fireball: Hurl a ball of fire that explodes on contact, dealing 397-486 damage to nearby enemies.
- Ice Shards: Launch 5 shards that deal 18-23 each. Deals 200% more to Frozen enemies. Frozen enemies cannot move or attack. Enemies can be Frozen by repeatedly chilling them.
- Incinerate: Channel a beam of fire, burning enemies for 73. Damage increases by 30 per second, up to 165.
- Chain Lightning: Unleash a bolt of lightning, dealing 54-66 damage and jumping to 5 nearby targets.
- Frozen Orb: Unleash an orb that Chills and expels piercing shards for a total of 61-75, and then explodes into Frost Bolts. Chilled enemies have reduced movement speed. Repeatedly chilling an enemy will Freeze it.
- Flame Shield: Engulf yourself in flames for 2 seconds, burning nearby enemies for 15 per second. While Flame Shield is active, you are Immune. While Immune, you cannot be damaged, and all negative effects are removed and prevented.
- Ice Armor: Passive — After not taking damage for 5 seconds, ice accumulates on you, absorbing 11. This is a passive only effect.
- Blizzard: Summon a frigid blizzard that deals 419-513 and Chills enemies over 6 seconds. Chilled enemies have reduced movement speed. Repeatedly chilling an enemy will Freeze it.
- Teleport: Transform into lightning, becoming Immune and surging to the target location. While Immune, you cannot be damaged, and all negative effects are removed and prevented.
- Frost Nova: Unleash a torrent of frost, Freezing nearby enemies. Frozen enemies cannot move or attack. Enemies can be Frozen by repeatedly chilling them.
- Lightning Spear: Conjure a crackling spear of lightning that seeks out enemies for 6 seconds, dealing 165-202 per hit.
- Ice Blades: Conjure ice blades for 12 seconds that rapidly slash enemies for 20-24 and Chill. Chilled enemies have reduced movement speed. Repeatedly chilling an enemy will Freeze it.
- Hydra: Summon a three-headed hydra for 12 seconds. Each head spits fire at a nearby enemy dealing 12-15.
- Firewall: Create a wall of flames dealing 378 to enemies over 8s.
- Nova: Passive — After spending 145 Mana, you unleash a burst of lightning that deals 47-57. This is a passive only effect.
- Meteor: Summon a meteor that strikes the target location, dealing 662-810. The ground burns for 614 over 3 seconds.
- Deep Freeze: Encase yourself in ice, becoming Immune for 4 seconds. For the duration, you emanate Chilling waves that deal 14-18. This freezes enemies 58% longer than usual. While Immune, you cannot be damaged, and all negative effects are removed and prevented. Chilled enemies have reduced movement speed. Repeatedly chilling an enemy will Freeze it.
- Inferno: Ignite a roaring inferno that pulses in and out of the target area, burning enemies for 394 over 8 seconds.
- Conduit: You become lightning incarnate. While in this form, you are Immune, nearby enemies are continually shocked for 110-135, and you can surge quickly between locations. While Immune, you cannot be damaged, and all negative effects are removed and prevented.
- Align the Elements: The mana cost of your Mastery spells is reduced by 5% per point.
- Blaze of Glory: Fire critical strike damage is increased by 3% per point. Also, burning enemies deal 2% less per point to you.
- Burning Resonance: Hit Effect — Damaging a burning enemy has up to a 25% chance to restore 2% Mana per point.
- Ceaseless Bolts: Lightning critical strikes increase your critical strike chance by 2% per point for 5 seconds, up to 10% per point.
- Char to Ash: Fire damage is increased by 6% per point each second, up to 30% per point. This effect resets when you take damage.
- Chill to the Bone: Cold damage against Frozen enemies is increased by 30%.
- Cold Snap: You apply 4% more Chill per point.
- Conflagration: Your direct fire damage deals an additional 30% damage to burning targets.
- Convulsions: Hit Effect — Lightning skills have up to a 2% chance per point to stun enemies for 3 seconds.
- Crackling Aura: Deal 301-368 lightning damage to a random enemy every 11 seconds reduced based on allocated points.
- Devastation: Critical strike chance is increased by 2% per point.
- Devouring Flames: Each source of burning on an enemy increased the direct damage of your fire spells by 2%, up to 2% per point.
- Elemental Attunement: Elemental critical strike reduces the cooldown of your Defensive skills by 5% per point.
- Endless Pyre: Burning effects deal an additional 15% for each second the target remains burning, up to 75%.
- Endless Winter: Critical strike chance against Chilled and Frozen enemies is increased by 30%, but your Chill effects no longer Freeze.
- Frostbite: Damage against Chilled enemies is increased by 2% per point.
- Hoarfrost: After casting Blizzard, your next cold skill deals 4% more damage per point.
- Icy Touch: Cold damage is increased by 2% per point.
- Inexorable Reach: Your damage is increased by 3% per point against enemies outside of melee range.
- Lightning Mastery: Lightning damage is increased by 40% against enemies within melee range.
- Numbing Cold: Chilled enemies deal 4% less damage to you per point.
- Overcharge: Hit Effect — Lightning critical strikes have up to a 1% chance per point to release 3 charged bolts.
- Potent Warding: Elemental damage and resistances are increased by 2% per point.
- Precision Magic: Your elemental damage increases over time, up to a maximum of 5% per point after 3 seconds. Attacking resets this effect.
- Shocking Strikes: Each time your lightning skills hit an enemy, they take 8% increased lightning damager for 1.5, up to 40%.
- Soulfire: Fire damage is increased by 4% per point after standing still for 1.5 seconds. Moving cancels this effect.
- Stagger: Enemies deal 4% less damage per point for 3 seconds after being hit by your lightning skills.
Other classes await
For information on the remaining classes in Diablo 4, you can check out the Druid skill tree and Barbarian skill tree. We'll be sure to provide updates if anything changes and make guides for the skill trees of the two remaining classes when they are revealed.
While it could end up being one of the best PC games available, Activision Blizzard confirmed in February 2021 ahead of BlizzConline that Diablo 4 won't be released in 2021, so we'll be waiting until at least 2022 for this ambitious RPG to arrive. When it does, it'll be available on Xbox One, PC, and PS4, with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PS5 support not yet confirmed apart from backward compatibility.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.