Today, Square Enix launched Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition on PC and Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Both editions are packed with new content and features in addition to the base game, including all season pass items released since launch such as an expanded map and new areas to explore.
Some of the most notable features found in Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition and Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition are listed below.
- Expanded Insomnia City Ruins map contains new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega.
- Fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel.
- New accessory that can activate a new attack called "Armiger Unleashed". After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to the power.
- New first-person camera mode.
- New customization options including weapons, car skins, and item sets.
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D car.
- New achievements and trophies.
- See Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition at Amazon
- See Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition at Microsoft Store
The Windows Edition features some exclusive perks which greatly enhances the experience on PC.
- High-resolution textures and visuals compatible with native 4K.
- Graphical options can be configured to support up to 8K resolution.
- HDR 10 support.
- Mod support is only available on PC. Players who own the Windows Edition on Steam can find the "Half-Life Pack" items in the Steam Workshop.
- Tobii eye tracking integration allows players to control cameras, auto-aim, warp, and accomplish more with their eyes.
- See Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition at Amazon
- See Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition at Microsoft Store
- See Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition at Green Man Gaming
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.