Best answer: Yes, the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack DLC is worth it as an affordable boost to your game start. This simple DLC provides a number of clear benefits to help you get started at an attractive price, by giving you some additional cars and other goodies. The Welcome Pack is also included in the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle, though, so keep that in mind if you're considering other FH5 DLCs.
An affordable entry
There's certainly no shortage of content in Forza Horizon 5, and Playground Games does make it easy for players of all skill levels to progress through its epic open-world racer. However, those who want a little bit of a leg-up in FH5, or simply want to grow their car collection with as many rare vehicles as possible, should consider the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack DLC. This optional add-on is surprisingly affordable, coming in at just $5, and provides several decent perks that benefit players immediately.
Featuring five powerful pre-tuned cars pulled straight out of the Forza Horizon 5 car list and a voucher to buy any car you want from the FH5 Autoshow for free, the Welcome Pack makes it easy to get your garage set up with a variety of vehicles to tackle any situation. Those aren't all the benefits, either, making the Welcome Pack a great starting point for a lot of Forza Horizon 5 players.
It's worth mentioning, though, that the Welcome Pack does share some similarities with the more expensive VIP Membership. While none of the DLC's benefits directly overlap, and the VIP Membership has some longer-lasting perks, both the Welcome Pack and the VIP Membership aim to improve your FH5 experience without explicitly adding all-new content. Additionally, both of the aforementioned DLCs (along with several others), are included in the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle, which is a one-stop shop for all your FH5 DLC needs.
Here's everything you need to know about the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack, and what's included:
- Included: The Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack DLC provides the following perks:
- Five specially pre-tuned cars gifted immediately
- One Player House gifted immediately
- Included one-time voucher that lets you purchase any car from the Autoshow
- Three included one-time vouchers that let you purchase any Common or Rare clothing items
- You can check out the cars included in the Welcome Pack in our Forza Horizon 5 car list, and the included house in our Forza Horizon 5 Player Houses guide
- Available: The Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack is available through Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, the Premium Add-Ons Bundle, and as a standalone purchase.
- Not included: The Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack does not include any other FH5 DLCs, like the VIP Membership, Treasure Map, Car Pass, or Expansions Bundle. For the most complete collection of add-ons, you'll want the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle.
Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack
Starting out small
The Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack provides a solid batch of benefits to players without breaking the bank, and is a great first DLC if you're just starting. While the VIP Membership does provide longer-lasting benefits, both DLCs are included in the Premium Add-Ons Bundle if players are interested.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. Forza Horizon 5 is available through Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, with included discounts on DLC.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.