What you need to know
- Just Cause 4 is Epic Games Store's free game of the week.
- You can get the game and add it to your account for absolutely free until April 23.
- Just Cause 4 launched back in 2018, and is a
Epic Games Store offers two free games every week, and this week's options are particularly interesting. This week, the platform is giving away Just Cause 4 for free — just grab the game before April 23 and it is yours to keep.
Square Enix's open world shooter that has more action and explosives than a Michael Bay movie. The storyline for the game is just an excuse to blow stuff up, and what it lacks in depth it more than makes up for with gorgeous visuals and engaging gameplay mechanics. We gave Just Cause 4 a 5/5 in our review.
Of course, the fact that the game is now free means there's no reason not to add it to your account. Here are the minimum system requirements needed to play the game:
- 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update or higher
- Intel Core i5-2400 at 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 at 3.5GHz or better
- 8GB of RAM and 59GB of storage
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270 or better (you need a DirectX 11 video card with 2GB of VRAM)
Square Enix recommends a Core i7-4770/AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or its equivalent, and a GeForce GTX 1070/AMD Vega 56 or better to run the game. As stated earlier, Just Cause 4 is free on the Epic Games Store until April 23, so make sure you grab it before then. The platform is also giving away Wheels of Aurelia for free until April 23.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Harish Jonnalagadda is a Senior Editor overseeing Asia for Android Central, Windows Central's sister site. When not reviewing phones, he's testing PC hardware, including video cards, motherboards, gaming accessories, and keyboards.