What started as the brainchild of lone developer Marcus Persson, Minecraft took the world by storm thanks to its open-ended design. Minecraft and its parent company, Mojang, were acquired by Microsoft in 2014.
Minecraft's survival mode lets you explore an infinite world, mine blocks of resources, craft tools and devices, and ultimately build whatever is in your head. Want to just experience unbridled creativity? Jump into creative mode, where all blocks are immediately available to build with.
The original Java version for PC has been expanded over the years to mobile and console, creating true cross-platform support. There is also a partnership with Telltale Games churning out episodic, story-driven gameplay for anyone who needs a solid objective to work toward.
This ultimate guide aims to answer all your questions about the Windows 10 and Xbox One of Minecraft. Don't have Minecraft yet? It's never too late!
- How to set up a realm for Minecraft on Windows 10
- How to set up your own world in Minecraft on Windows 10
- How to optimize Minecraft for Windows 10 on a slow PC
- Advanced crafting recipes for Minecraft
- Survive your first night in Minecraft
- Tips for long term survival in Minecraft
- Beginner's guide to blocks in Minecraft
- Beginner's guide to biomes in Minecraft
- Beginner's guide to mining and finding ore in Minecraft
- How to build a sustainable farm in Minecraft
- Finding temple treasure in Minecraft
- What you need to know about villages and trading in Minecraft
- 5 things you need to know about dungeons in Minecraft
- Beginner's guide to rails and mine cars in Minecraft
- Guide to potions in Minecraft
- Guide to enchanting in Minecraft
- How to use maps in Minecraft
- Beginner's guide to redstone in Minecraft
- Ocean monuments in Minecraft
- Crafting the essentials in Minecraft
- What is the nether?
- How to build a nether portal
- How to summon a wither
- Guide to beacons in Minecraft
- How to craft an XP trap in Minecraft
- How to customize mob skins in Minecraft
- How to use custom Minecraft player skins
- Guide to achievements on Minecraft for Windows 10
- Guide to slash commands in Minecraft for Windows 10
Minecraft is available for virtually every platform, and gamers on Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Windows 10, and Xbox One will soon be able to play together via connected realms. At just $19.99, there's never been a better time to jump into Minecraft.