Microsoft has announced that an important update is being released for the Bot Framework which comes largely from feedback that has been received. Improvements will be made to cards, and Slack, Skype and Facebook Bots will be gaining some new features. If you've already developed a bot, you will need to update it for it to continue working, as these changes also alter the API and SDK used to build the bots.
The enhancements, as detailed by Microsoft, include:
- Well-defined support for cards and carousels for both channels that support them natively (Skype, Facebook) and text-rendered for those that don't;
- Automatic configuration of Skype – no copy-and-paste needed!
- Simplified addressing of users and groups;
- Additional dialog types and capabilities in the Bot Builder SDK;
- Added Cognitive Services LUIS Intent Dialog type to the SDK;
- Support for Skype calling features added to the SDK;
- Enhancements to the Bot Framework Emulator;
- Support for Slack's recent addition of buttons; and
- Support for many of Facebook's newest Bot features.
Remember, you will need to update existing bots to take advantage of these new features. You can view all of the bots documentation to get started now.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jared started off writing about mobile phones back when BlackBerry ruled the market, and Windows Mobile was kinda cool. Now, with a family, mortgage and other responsibilities he has no choice but to look for the best deals, and he's here to share them with you.