10. How to fix sync problems with OneDrive disabling throttling
If OneDrive is syncing, but it's uploading and downloading files really slowly, then the software client may be configured to limit the upload and download bandwidth.
To disable the bandwidth limit of OneDrive, use these steps:
- Click the OneDrive button in the bottom-right corner.
- Click the More option.
- Click the Settings option.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Under the "Upload rate" section, select the Don't limit option.
- Under the "Download rate" section, select the Don't limit option.
- Click the OK button.
Once you complete the steps, OneDrive should now be able to use the full internet connection to sync your files to the cloud and local device.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Mauro Huculak is technical writer for WindowsCentral.com. His primary focus is to write comprehensive how-tos to help users get the most out of Windows 10 and its many related technologies. He has an IT background with professional certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, and he's a recognized member of the Microsoft MVP community.