14. How to fix sync problems with OneDrive reinstalling Office
Microsoft Office can sometimes cause conflicts with the OneDrive sync client, and reinstalling the suite of apps can fix the problem.
To uninstall Office, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Select Microsoft Office.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Uninstall button again.
After you complete the steps, you can reinstall the suite of apps to see if it fixes the problem with OneDrive.
To install Office, use these steps:
- Open the Office website.
- Sign-in with the Microsoft account associated with Office.
- Click the Install Office button.
- Double-click the installer to begin the installation of Office.
Once you complete the steps, OneDrive should no longer conflict with Office, and your documents and other files should start syncing normally.
We're focusing this guide on the consumer version of OneDrive, but most of the tips should help to resolve syncing issues with OneDrive for Business.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Mauro Huculak is technical writer for WindowsCentral.com. His primary focus is to write comprehensive how-tos to help users get the most out of Windows 10 and its many related technologies. He has an IT background with professional certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, and he's a recognized member of the Microsoft MVP community.