3. How to fix sync problems with OneDrive updating app
Although the OneDrive app for Windows 10 can update automatically, it doesn't always work as expected. After a while, you could end up with an outdated client that can cause syncing issues.
To update the OneDrive client manually, use the steps:
- Open the OneDrive website.
- Under the "Start OneDrive" button, click the Click here to download link and save the file on your computer.
- Double-click the OneDriveSetup.exe to launch the installer.Quick tip: If the computer is using the latest version, the setup will end automatically.
- Open Start.
- Search for OneDrive, click the top result to launch the app.
After you complete the steps, the setup will update the app automatically as necessary, and files should start syncing again.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Mauro Huculak is technical writer for WindowsCentral.com. His primary focus is to write comprehensive how-tos to help users get the most out of Windows 10 and its many related technologies. He has an IT background with professional certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, and he's a recognized member of the Microsoft MVP community.