What you need to know
- Twitter's PWA now supports Fleets, nudges, and has a new page for topics.
- The update is available on Twitter for Windows 10 and the web.
- The Twitter PWA also received several improvements and bug fixes in the latest update.
Twitter's progressive web app (PWA) recently received an update that brings several new features. Twitter's PWA powers Twitter for Windows, Twitter for KaiOS, Twitter Lite on Android, and mobile.twitter.com, all of which now have the latest update. The update brings support for Fleets, nudges, and a new page for browsing topics.
Here's everything that's new, as found in Twitter's release notes:
- Fleets: We've enabled DM Fleet previews and the Fleet viewer screen for all.
- Nudges: When Retweeting a Tweet that contains a link to an article, you'll now be shown a nudge prompting you to think about reading the article before you share.
- Topics: There's a new page for browsing and picking Topics. You can find it by going to the Topics screen via the More menu, and clicking "More Topics". You can also navigate there directly via twitter.com/i/topics/picker.
- Topics: We're experimenting with showing Topics to follow in the sidebar on widescreen views to give you more examples of Topics you may be interested in.
In addition to the new features, the update also improves several areas of the app:
- Accessibility: Voiceover will now read out labels for government and state-affiliated media when focusing a Tweet that includes these labels.
- Accessibility: Improved focus navigation and voiceover when navigating into a Tweet within a conversation.
- Accessibility: Corrected accessibility markup on Buttons that act as links to other pages, or reposition you on the current page.
- Account: Improved readability of error messages on the account login page.
- DM: Improved dynamic display for larger numbers of avatars in the DM conversation information section for group conversations.
- Emoji: Updated emoji to Twemoji 13.0.2. Visual coverage of the changes can be found at Emojipedia, and more specific information can be found at GitHub.
- Lists: Added screen name to the add/remove from Lists menu action for additional context.
- Notifications: Increased the number of avatars that are shown for condensed notifications on the notification screen.
- Nudges: Improved the look and feel of article nudges shown at various screen sizes when Retweeting a Tweet with a link to an article.
The update allows people to take advantage of Twitter's newest features across several platforms. The update started rolling out yesterday, so you should see it soon if you haven't received it yet.
If you don't like the official Twitter app, you can also check out Fenice, which is one of the best Windows 10 apps.
As one of the most popular social media apps in the world, you can follow people, topics, and trends. Make sure to follow us on Twitter as well.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
I don't think they can do much to save this app. It really is just lame.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.