What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19037.1 is now available for Fast and Slow ring Insiders.
- There aren't any new features in this release.
- You can grab build 19037.1 on the Fast and Slow rings now via Windows Update.
Microsoft released another new Windows 10 preview build for Insiders on both the Fast and Slow rings today. As with other recent builds, this release doesn't contain any new features to check out. Rather, Microsoft included just a small tweak as it continues to wind down development on the 20H1 release.
Here's a look at all of the updates contained in build 19037.1, including a list of known issues.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn't mean we're done…
- Windows PowerShell ISE is now a Feature on Demand (installed by default), and you will see it in the list in Optional Features Settings.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you're experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they're attached.
- We've received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
If you're enrolled in either the Fast or the Slow ring, you can grab build 19037.1 via Windows Update now. Otherwise, you can check out the full release notes at the Windows Insider blog for more.
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.