What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19037.1 is now available for Fast and Slow ring Insiders.
- There aren't any new features in this release.
- You can grab build 19037.1 on the Fast and Slow rings now via Windows Update.
Microsoft released another new Windows 10 preview build for Insiders on both the Fast and Slow rings today. As with other recent builds, this release doesn't contain any new features to check out. Rather, Microsoft included just a small tweak as it continues to wind down development on the 20H1 release.
Here's a look at all of the updates contained in build 19037.1, including a list of known issues.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn't mean we're done…
- Windows PowerShell ISE is now a Feature on Demand (installed by default), and you will see it in the list in Optional Features Settings.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you're experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they're attached.
- We've received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
If you're enrolled in either the Fast or the Slow ring, you can grab build 19037.1 via Windows Update now. Otherwise, you can check out the full release notes at the Windows Insider blog for more.