What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 18922 is now available to Fast ring Insiders.
- The build brings a number of general bug fixes and improvements, along with updates to the language settings and more.
- This is the latest build to release for the 20H1 testing branch.
If you're a Windows Insider on the Fast ring, there's another new build for you to check out today. Windows 10 20H1 preview build 18922 is now rolling out via Windows Update for Insiders, bringing with it the usual batch of general bug fixes and improvements. Also tagging along are enhancements to the language settings menu and Feedback Hub.
Here's a look at all of what's new.
What's new in 18922
- Language Settings Improvements: The Global Language Experience team has improvements in Language Settings to make it easier for you to see the current state of your language settings at a glance. The new overview section lets you quickly know which languages are selected as default for their Windows display, Apps & websites, Regional format, Keyboard, and Speech. If everything looks as expected you can quickly move on, you can click one of the tiles which will take you to where you need to be to change that selection.
- Feedback Hub updates: Based on your feedback, we're updating the Feedback Hub with a new feature called Find Similar Feedback! When you go to log a new piece of feedback, you'll now see a section that looks to see if there's any existing feedback that sounds similar to yours. You can now choose to automatically link your feedback to that existing feedback (rather than creating a new piece of feedback). This is currently in the process of rolling out to Insiders with version 1.1904.1584.0 – we look forward to you trying it out!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0x80010105 when updating to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0xc0000005 when updating to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where the Action Center background was unexpectedly opaque in the quick action section.
- We fixed an issue where if you used the spacebar to switch to a different Focus assist state in Settings, keyboard focus would unexpectedly jump to the Have a Question? Section.
- We fixed an issue with the Bopomofo IME where the character width would suddenly change to Full width from Half width.
- We've added a tip to the Bopomofo IME settings that Ctrl + Space can be used for toggling conversation mode.
- We fixed an issue where, when using the Japanese IME with Excel, if you'd turned off Japanese input-mode by clicking the input-mode indicator, the input-mode would revert back to "Hiragana" every time focus moved to another cell.
- Based on feedback, we've updated the Chinese Pinyin IME settings to now refer to Default mode, rather than Input mode.
- We fixed an issue for some of the Insiders with the updated File Explorer search experience, resulting in suggested results in the search dropdown not responding when clicked. Thanks for reporting this!
- We've made a few small design tweaks to the updated Windows Ink Workspace, including changing the overflow menu button to new use an ellipsis icon. Note – this feature update is still in the process of rolling out.
- We're now starting to roll out the updated Settings header again after addressing an issue with the OneDrive entry – appreciate your patience!
As always, you can check out the full release notes, which include a list of known issues, at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Fast ring Insiders can get their hands on build 18922 via Windows Update now.
Cheap PC accessories we love
Take a gander at these awesome PC accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Whether on a desktop or laptop PC, you always need more ports to connect things to. This hub gives you an additional four USB 3.0 Type A ports.
Ikea Fixa Cable Management System (opens in new tab) ($11 at Amazon)
This IKEA cable management kit is your ticket to a clean setup. It's simple and functional.
NZXT Puck (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
This clever little accessory has powerful magnets on the rear to make it stick to any of the metal panels on your PC case or anything else. It's great for hanging accessories like headsets.
"When you go to log a new piece of feedback, you'll now see a section that looks to see if there's any existing feedback that sounds similar to yours. You can now choose to automatically link your feedback to that existing feedback (rather than creating a new piece of feedback)" Fiiiiiiinallyyy!! ♪(^∇^*)
oh finally they listened to my feedback, when you want to add a feedback there is no way to search for a similar one. (you can do it only from another section of the app)
We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0xc0000005 when updating to recent builds. You did NOT fixed.
Installation problems definitely not fixed. I haven't been able to get beyond 18908 on a very basic Surface Pro 2017 i5. There are actually a lot of us with this issue.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.