Before the weekend officially kicks off, Microsoft is shipping out another fresh build for Windows Insiders on the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. The latest build is 17711, and it includes a number of new features and tweaks for Microsoft Edge, among other things.
Microsoft Edge Improvements
- Learning tools get richer: Under learning tools available on Reading View, you can now see additional themes. These let you choose the theme color which is best for your eyes.
- Line focus: Helps improve focus while reading an article by highlighting sets of one, three, or five lines.
- New consent box for saving Autofill data: Microsoft Edge seeks your permission each time to save your passwords and card details for Autofill purposes. We have come up with improved design and string changes to the consent notification pop-up to improve discoverability and provide clarity on the value of saving this information.
- PDF toolbar improvements: PDF toolbar can now be invoked by just hovering at the top to make the tools easily accessible to the users.
- At Build 2018 we shared our vision of the evolution of Fluent Design. We introduced acrylic to many of our default menus recently, and today to help improve user focus we're bringing added depth in the form of shadows.
- A new Windows HD Color page is now available under Display Settings! Windows HD Color-capable devices can show high dynamic range (HDR) content, including photos, videos, games, and apps. This depends on your display and your PC. The "Windows HD Color Settings" page linked in Display Settings now reports your system's HD Color capabilities and allows HD Color features to be configured on capable systems.
Registry Editor Improvements
- Have you ever been typing into the regedit address bar, and the next part of the path is just on the tip of your tongue, but you can't remember? Starting with today's build, you'll now see a dropdown as you type to help complete the next part of the path!
That's all of what's new, but there are a whole bunch of general bug fixes and improvements, as well as known issues, to check out. You can check out Microsoft's full release notes to get the skinny on every little tweak.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title may be Resident Evil 8. Related rumors indicate a first-person setting, some returning characters and more.
Office.com is getting a pretty snazzy new look
Microsoft has started rolling out a new look for its Office web portal for commercial customers. Presumably, the new look will head out to regular Microsoft 365 subscribers at some point, but Microsoft hasn't formally announced the redesign yet.
Microsoft is reportedly considering buying the WB Games division
Microsoft is reportedly considering a bid on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Previously, Take-Two Interactive, Electronic Arts and Activision were all reportedly interested as well.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.