Before the weekend officially kicks off, Microsoft is shipping out another fresh build for Windows Insiders on the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. The latest build is 17711, and it includes a number of new features and tweaks for Microsoft Edge, among other things.
Microsoft Edge Improvements
- Learning tools get richer: Under learning tools available on Reading View, you can now see additional themes. These let you choose the theme color which is best for your eyes.
- Line focus: Helps improve focus while reading an article by highlighting sets of one, three, or five lines.
- New consent box for saving Autofill data: Microsoft Edge seeks your permission each time to save your passwords and card details for Autofill purposes. We have come up with improved design and string changes to the consent notification pop-up to improve discoverability and provide clarity on the value of saving this information.
- PDF toolbar improvements: PDF toolbar can now be invoked by just hovering at the top to make the tools easily accessible to the users.
- At Build 2018 we shared our vision of the evolution of Fluent Design. We introduced acrylic to many of our default menus recently, and today to help improve user focus we're bringing added depth in the form of shadows.
- A new Windows HD Color page is now available under Display Settings! Windows HD Color-capable devices can show high dynamic range (HDR) content, including photos, videos, games, and apps. This depends on your display and your PC. The "Windows HD Color Settings" page linked in Display Settings now reports your system's HD Color capabilities and allows HD Color features to be configured on capable systems.
Registry Editor Improvements
- Have you ever been typing into the regedit address bar, and the next part of the path is just on the tip of your tongue, but you can't remember? Starting with today's build, you'll now see a dropdown as you type to help complete the next part of the path!
That's all of what's new, but there are a whole bunch of general bug fixes and improvements, as well as known issues, to check out. You can check out Microsoft's full release notes to get the skinny on every little tweak.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.