Before the weekend officially kicks off, Microsoft is shipping out another fresh build for Windows Insiders on the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. The latest build is 17711, and it includes a number of new features and tweaks for Microsoft Edge, among other things.
Microsoft Edge Improvements
- Learning tools get richer: Under learning tools available on Reading View, you can now see additional themes. These let you choose the theme color which is best for your eyes.
- Line focus: Helps improve focus while reading an article by highlighting sets of one, three, or five lines.
- New consent box for saving Autofill data: Microsoft Edge seeks your permission each time to save your passwords and card details for Autofill purposes. We have come up with improved design and string changes to the consent notification pop-up to improve discoverability and provide clarity on the value of saving this information.
- PDF toolbar improvements: PDF toolbar can now be invoked by just hovering at the top to make the tools easily accessible to the users.
- At Build 2018 we shared our vision of the evolution of Fluent Design. We introduced acrylic to many of our default menus recently, and today to help improve user focus we're bringing added depth in the form of shadows.
- A new Windows HD Color page is now available under Display Settings! Windows HD Color-capable devices can show high dynamic range (HDR) content, including photos, videos, games, and apps. This depends on your display and your PC. The "Windows HD Color Settings" page linked in Display Settings now reports your system's HD Color capabilities and allows HD Color features to be configured on capable systems.
Registry Editor Improvements
- Have you ever been typing into the regedit address bar, and the next part of the path is just on the tip of your tongue, but you can't remember? Starting with today's build, you'll now see a dropdown as you type to help complete the next part of the path!
That's all of what's new, but there are a whole bunch of general bug fixes and improvements, as well as known issues, to check out. You can check out Microsoft's full release notes to get the skinny on every little tweak.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.