What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19628 is now available for Insiders on the Fast ring.
- This release brings a single fix, one test feature, and some known issues.
- Insiders enrolled in the Fast ring can pick up build 19628 via Windows Update now.
Microsoft shipped another new Windows 10 preview build for Insiders on the Fast ring today. This release pushes the build number up to version 19628, and it includes a single fixe. There's also a new feature in testing for DNS over HTTPS, which will keep Windows' DNS queries encrypted.
There are also several known issues with this build. Here's a look at everything that's new.
What's new and fixed in build 19628
- We're adding initial support for DNS over HTTPS, so that you can opt into using encryption when Windows makes DNS queries. Follow the instructions in this blog post to opt in as it will be off by default.
- We've fixed an issue causing some devices fail to update with error code 0xc0000409. If you continue to experience this error, please let us know by filing new feedback in Feedback Hub.
- We're aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We're looking into reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- We're looking into reports that taskbar preview thumbnails aren't rendering consistently (showing a blank area).
If you're already enrolled in the Windows 10 Fast ring, this build is available now via Windows Update. For more on this release, you can also check out Microsoft's full blog post.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything we know so far about Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and Xbox One
Cyberpunk 2077 is the next massive game expected to be released by CD Projekt RED, the studio behind The Witcher series. Here's all we know about it so far.
Are we one step closer to a Fallout: New Vegas sequel after ZeniMax deal?
With Microsoft's acquisition of both Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment, it's now possible that we could see the developers of Fallout: New Vegas return to Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG franchise for round two. Here's why they should.
Review: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro is the PC RAM to buy
The Vengeance RGB Pro continues to be the obvious DRAM choice for system builders around the world, with Corsair offering stellar performance backed by multi-zone RGB lighting.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.