Update: Some of our Windows Central readers have posted comments that state the HP Elite x3 is already available inside some Microsoft Store locations. If you have one nearby, you might want to call and check to see if they have any for sale before you drive over
PC Mag reports that it received news about this sales date directly from Microsoft, specifically from the company's VP of OEM Worldwide Marketing Peter Han. While the Microsoft Store sites in the U.S. and Canada have been taking orders for the 5.96-inch smartphone for several weeks, this will be the first time that the HP Elite x3 will be sold inside a physical store.
In the U.S. stores, the business-themed phone will be sold for $799, and will include its Desk Dock accessory that allows the HP Elite x3 to connect to a mouse, keyboard and monitor so it can be used like a Windows 10 PC. There's no word on how many units each Microsoft Store location will have of this phone, but we suspect it will be very limited.
- The HP Elite x3 is the best Windows phone yet (with some caveats)
- Elite x3 FAQ
- Elite x3 news
- HP is betting on enterprise, not consumers with the Elite x3
- Elite x3 Discussion Forum
- HP Elite x3 testing firmware update that enables charging LED, Windows Hello improvements and more
- Using Continuum for a week with the HP Elite x3
- Unboxing and hands-on with the HP Elite x3 superphone