Besides FOX News, looks like another crew of official apps just hit the Marketplace. Clearly Microsoft has a strategy going on here (see yesterday). Since we don't have the energy to do full posts for each, we'll just give you the rundown:
- American Airlines - "Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Get your personalized America Airlines travel information by downloading the app that’s perfect for flying through airports." Get flying here in the Marketplace.
- MLB at Bat - "MLB.com At Bat 11, the award-winning application, is live baseball – every pitch from every at bat – all season. Follow your favorite team everywhere you go with comprehensive, up-to-the-moment action, including live home and away audio broadcasts." Get it here in the Marketplace. [Warning: Price is $14.99 w/No trial!]
- Live From the Red Carpet (E!) - "The fashion! The stars! The glitz! The winners! It's all here in this unparalleled, high-class and FREE app from E!, the leader in red carpet entertainment. This Live From the Red Carpet app lets you experience total VIP access to Hollywood's hottest events, right at your fingertips." Get your star news right here in the Marketplace.
- Billboard - "The Billboard.com Charts App provides you with access to our 16 most popular charts, as well as available chart history. Sample 30 second clips and purchase from the Zune store from within the app." Get your music hits here in the Marketplace.
- Trove (The Washington Post) - "Trove is a personalized news and information engine. It aggregates the Web's most interesting stories from a wide swath of sources, and gives you the power to customize what you see and how you see it. Pulling articles from more than 10,000 sources, Trove's combination of innovative aggregation and human editing gives you the best of both worlds: the day's important stories and news tuned to your niche interests." Get news from a trusted source here in the Marketplace.
Phew. Looks like Microsoft has unleashed the floodgates this week. We're almost scared now to see what else is coming..we still have a few more days this week. (Big thanks to Avi Franchise for the tips)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.