Besides FOX News, looks like another crew of official apps just hit the Marketplace. Clearly Microsoft has a strategy going on here (see yesterday). Since we don't have the energy to do full posts for each, we'll just give you the rundown:
- American Airlines - "Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Get your personalized America Airlines travel information by downloading the app that’s perfect for flying through airports." Get flying here in the Marketplace.
- MLB at Bat - "MLB.com At Bat 11, the award-winning application, is live baseball – every pitch from every at bat – all season. Follow your favorite team everywhere you go with comprehensive, up-to-the-moment action, including live home and away audio broadcasts." Get it here in the Marketplace. [Warning: Price is $14.99 w/No trial!]
- Live From the Red Carpet (E!) - "The fashion! The stars! The glitz! The winners! It's all here in this unparalleled, high-class and FREE app from E!, the leader in red carpet entertainment. This Live From the Red Carpet app lets you experience total VIP access to Hollywood's hottest events, right at your fingertips." Get your star news right here in the Marketplace.
- Billboard - "The Billboard.com Charts App provides you with access to our 16 most popular charts, as well as available chart history. Sample 30 second clips and purchase from the Zune store from within the app." Get your music hits here in the Marketplace.
- Trove (The Washington Post) - "Trove is a personalized news and information engine. It aggregates the Web's most interesting stories from a wide swath of sources, and gives you the power to customize what you see and how you see it. Pulling articles from more than 10,000 sources, Trove's combination of innovative aggregation and human editing gives you the best of both worlds: the day's important stories and news tuned to your niche interests." Get news from a trusted source here in the Marketplace.
Phew. Looks like Microsoft has unleashed the floodgates this week. We're almost scared now to see what else is coming..we still have a few more days this week. (Big thanks to Avi Franchise for the tips)
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
When it rains, it pours.Now someone get on Southwest's butt about this cause I hate American
Can't seem to find the MLB At Bat app in the marketplace. I'm actually here at an Orioles game and would love to try it out.
http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=8a97c345-cb9d-e011-986b...copy paste that into IE
That worked great, thanks!
MLB At Bat is awesome. It's fast - loads quickly and is mostly smooth. I'm impressed - it's much better than the Android app.
Look at the official apps that have appeared on Marketplace in the last couple weeks:AllRecipesAmazonFreshAmerican AirlinesAngry BirdsBest BuyBetty Crocker CookbookBillboard ChartsBritish AirwaysColbert ReportE! (Live From Red Carpet)EpicuriousEvernoteFoodspottingFox NewsGowallaIM+KikMLB At BatMTV NewsNational Geographic Park MapsNBC Nightly NewsPlants vs. ZombiesVH1Washington Post (Trove)WeightWatchersWhitepages
Microsoft is playing to win, ya hear me? xD
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.