The expansion brings the gruesome and bloodthirsty Slaughter tribe to Mordor with their own unique weapons, fighting style, missions, battles and more. All of the changes are listed below.
- Tribal Showdowns – New missions allowing players to face down Captains from the Slaughter tribe, with each showdown bringing unique challenges to complete.
- Tribal War Bands – Aid your ally and defeat your nemesis when facing off in the new Tribal War Bands quests as Captains from the Slaughter tribe bring their own forces to clash in battle.
- New Fortress Theme – Fortresses can now be commanded by and embody the characteristics of the Slaughter tribe, including themed monuments, outposts and Overlord throne room.
- Legendary Gear Set – Hunt down Legendary Slaughter tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
- Blood Ambush – Repel Captains from the Slaughter tribe as a succession of Orcs stage an ambush in true Slaughter tribe fashion.
Additionally, a number of free features are also available to all Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners today. The changes include the following.
- Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron's forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege.
- Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord.
- Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update.
It's great to see that Warner Bros and Monolith are adding free content to existing owners. The Endless Siege and Rebellion modes should enhance replayability. Middle-earth: Shadow of War is set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. It's an open world action role-playing game that continues the original narrative of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Players forge a new Ring of Power and take on the Dark Lord Sauron in Mordor. The game is currently available on Xbox One, Windows PC, and PlayStation 4 for $59.99.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I like free stuff as much as the next guy, but this seems like a cash shop push. More ways to kill your orcs or have them rebel and betray you. It's okay though because you can replace them with loot boxes Try your luck for a legendary Slaughter tribe orc or gamble your way into the new gear set.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.