WPCentral Podcast 118
- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Hooray, the WPCentral Podcast is back for week #4. Join Daniel Rubino and Jay Bennett for another exciting podcast where all things Windows Phone and Microsoft are covered. This week, we have another long one in store for you, seeing as it was such a busy last seven days. Download now! Show notes after the break.
- Toshiba Fujitsu "Mango" phone slated for August release in Japan
- Mango coming in September? Imagine Cup winners announced
- Bringing Kinect and gesture control to Windows Phone (opens in new tab)
- The future of Microsoft: 3 screens and Metro (opens in new tab)
- Swype coming to WP7 via Nokia? (opens in new tab)
- Google lifting more UI stylings from Windows Phone?
- Fan concept: What if Windows Phone had smaller tiles?
- Beards and Beaks & it's DLC
- Tentacles this week! (and max last week)
- 3D Paperball
- Arcane's Tower Defense now wowing people in the Marketplace (opens in new tab)
- I'm a WP7 v2.5
- Missing 105 Angry Birds levels (opens in new tab)
- Crackdown 2 vanishing (opens in new tab)
- GeoVector augmented reality patents (opens in new tab)
- GroupMe now available for WP7
- Mango Twitter
- New Samsung mango device (opens in new tab) – is it the GT-i8350 discussed last week?
- Samsung Focus Factory ROM (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft's 100 million devices a year (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft registers domains using Sony brand
- Microsoft sued over really ads (opens in new tab)
- WP team looking to Disrupt the Market (opens in new tab)
- Posted a couple of useful How-to articles this week
- Comments from last week (opens in new tab)
- Your Twitter questions
Thanks to the WPCentral Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Microsoft demands Samsung to pay $15 per Android device sold (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.
Whoever decided that jay should be on this podcast should get a Raise.more rational discussion ftw