HTC announced the 8X today, and Rogers just dropped me a line saying that they'll have both the 8 GB and 16 GB model available. Rogers will actually have an exclusive on the 8 GB model, though I'm having a hard time believing anyone would really be itching for less storage rather than more.
No word on price just yet, but it's looking like AT&T will be getting the HTC 8X for $199, which could very well translate to Canada as well. Now just to see if TELUS, Bell, or even WIND or Mobilicity will be offering any of the new HTC devices... Update: Bell just let me know that they'll have the device available too, though TELUS and the other carriers were conspicuously absent from the HTC press release they sent me.
Here's a quick reminder of the specs on the HTC 8X.
- DISPLAY: 341ppi super LCD 2 display, with Gorilla Glass for greater durability. Optical lamination for superior sharpness & clarity plus reduced light reflection
- SCREEN: 4.3-inch touch screen with HD 720p (1280x720) resolution
- CPU SPEED - Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- PLATFORM - Windows Phone 8
- SIM - Micro SIM
- Total storage: 16 / 8 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- NETWORK - HSPA/WCDM ( 850/900/1900/2100 MHz); GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- NFC capable
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
- f/2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 1080p HD video recording with stereo sound
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip for fast focus speed and clearer, sharper shots
- Dedicated camera button
- BATTERY - Capacity: 1,800 mAh