How do I use my Xbox One controller as a mouse on my Windows 10 PC?
Windows 10 has built-in drivers that let you use an Xbox One controller within games, but what about using an Xbox One controller all the time? It's a great alternative to a mouse if you use your PC as an entertainment center in your living room, and while not as accurate, it does a good job.
There are several programs you can use that will give you the ability to use your Xbox One controller all the time, but we chose Gopher360. It's free, it's simple, and it's functional. Here's how to set it up.
- How to use your Xbox One controller as a mouse on your Windows 10 PC
- How to add Gopher360 to your PC's Startup folder
- Gopher360 Xbox One controller button layout
How to use your Xbox One controller as a mouse on your Windows 10 PC
Gopher360 is a great app with a small footprint that lets you use your controller as a mouse.
- Plug your Xbox One controller into your PC using a USB cable.
- Press the Home button on your controller. It looks like the Xbox logo and is located in the center of your controller.
- Launch your web browser of choice from the desktop or taskbar.
Navigate to the Gopher360 webpage.
- Click the Gopher360 link at the top of the page. It will contain the latest version.
- Click the Gopher.exe download link. Gopher360 will download.
Click Run when the download is finished.
Gopher360 will start automatically. You can now use your Xbox One controller as a mouse on your Windows 10 PC. Want to have Gopher360 start automatically each time you boot your PC? Add it to your PC's Startup folder!
How to add Gopher360 to your PC's Startup folder
These steps will make Gopher360 start each time your start your PC. That way you won't have to mess around with a mouse before using your controller.
- Launch File Explorer from your taskbar or desktop.
- Right-click the Gopher360 file.
- Hit Windows key and R simultaneously on your keyboard. The Run window will open.
- Type shell:startup.
Click OK. The Startup folder will open.
- Right-click on a blank area in the Startup folder.
Click Paste shortcut.
Gopher360 will now start up each time you turn on your computer. To stop Gopher360 from starting with Windows, just remove the shortcut from the Startup folder.
Gopher360 Xbox One controller button layout
The button layout is super simple and will take about a minute to get used to. Here's what it looks like:
- A is left click.
- X is right click.
- B is Enter.
- Y hides the Gopher360 window.
- Left analog stick is mouse movement.
- Right analog stick is scroll wheel.
- D-pad can also be used to scroll through windows.
- Start is Windows key.
- Left analog stick click is middle mouse button.
Your controller preferences
Do you use an Xbox One controller in lieu of a mouse with your Windows 10 PC? How do you like it? Let us know in the comments section below!