Ticking up to version 2.6.0, Cortana for iOS devices includes the usual spate of bug fixes and performance improvements, but Microsoft has also tweaked the user experience a bit. According to the release notes, creating reminders is now "easier and faster," and general performance should be improved thanks to faster transitions. The profile and settings pages have also been redesigned to make managing preferences easier.
Here's a look at the full release notes:
- A fresh new look with a simpler and improved user experience
- It's now easier and faster to create reminders to help you stay on top of things
- Redesigned profile and settings page to easily manage your preferences
- Improved performance particularly faster page transitions and app responsiveness
- Regular bug fixes and performance improvements
It's not the major design overhaul we saw Cortana on iOS receive several months ago, but the tweaks in version 2.6.0 are notable nonetheless. Cortana still isn't as convenient to use in Apple's ecosystem as it is in Microsoft's own, but it's worth giving a shot if you want to lean on Microsoft's services as much as possible. If you want to check out version 2.6.0, you can grab the update on the App Store now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.