What you need to know
- The Division 2 is a military shooter from Ubisoft.
- It's getting a free update at the end of July for all owners.
- You'll be able to hunt down the traitor President Andrew Ellis.
- You can purchase The Division 2: Ultimate Edition for $72 on Amazon (opens in new tab).
Updated July 23, 2019: The update is now available on Xbox One and other platforms.
Today, Ubisoft announced the release date of The Division 2's first episode. This update is part of the game's "Year 1 Free Content Plan" and takes you outside the streets of Washington DC. According to the developer, "Episode 1: DC Outskirts - Expeditions" features new locations to explore and picks up where the story left off after the final boss at the Tidal Basin. Episode 1 should launch on July 23 for all "Year 1 Pass" holders and July 30 for all other players. The Year 1 Pass gives you early access to the content.
Episode 1: DC Outskirts - Expeditions contains two new main missions and a new game experience where players will investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering a variety of threats along the way. You can look forward to the following content:
- New main missions: Camp White Oak and Manning National Zoo are the areas. At Camp White Oak, Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice. Manning National Zoo follows Emeline Shaw, the leader of the Outcasts, after her defeat. Your job is to eliminate Shaw.
- Expeditions: You'll enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of supplies. Expeditions are split into three different sections. Each section will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a weekly basis. Completing all three grants exclusive treasure room rewards like Exotics.
- Other improvements: There is a lot more content coming to The Division 2 with this update. There's a new raid difficulty setting called "Discovery." It's meant to train players for the normal raid. There are also crafting improvements which allow layers to make gear up to Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters. Last but not least, weapon balancing is also part of the package.
The Division 2 is the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter which tasks you with stopping malicious forces from seizing control of the government in the District of Columbia. It's unclear how the rest of the country is affected at this point.
Save the American government
The continuation of a popular franchise
One of Ubisoft's most-anticipated new titles is The Division 2, the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub (opens in new tab) ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand (opens in new tab) ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.